Jeff Jacobs: UConn knows how to lose with panache | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: UConn knows how to lose with panache

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, he found a way to use the word panache talking about football.

i guess no one remembers last week’s word vomit and the checks havent bounced yet.

Reaction Score
i guess no one remembers last week’s word vomit and the checks havent bounced yet.

Oh I remember:

>>If you lose Saturday at home against UMass, if that starting point at USF was nothing more than a mirage, you’ve got bigger problems than young players on defense. You’ve got lost hope. If you see a guy like defensive back Brice McAllister playing for UMass when he wasn’t good enough to stick around a final year at UConn, and the Minutemen spank you at home? You’ve got people wondering where is the bottom of this bottomless pit?<<

... and USF got spanked by Houston today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh I remember:

>>If you lose Saturday at home against UMass, if that starting point at USF was nothing more than a mirage, you’ve got bigger problems than young players on defense. You’ve got lost hope. If you see a guy like defensive back Brice McAllister playing for UMass when he wasn’t good enough to stick around a final year at UConn, and the Minutemen spank you at home? You’ve got people wondering where is the bottom of this bottomless pit?<<

... and USF got spanked by Houston today.

I just read Anthony’s column. They pay these people to write about sports? He called the trip to USF a ‘stand-tall’ performance.

How far must your head be shoved up your arse to think that game at USF meant anything? My God the professionals are dumber than the posters here.

Reaction Score
The performance at USF did show us something. There was some evidence of speed and capability. I still believe we saw a glimpse of better athleticism in that game and evidence these guys will be able to physically compete in the next year or two.

Today, there was evidence of terrible game planning, lack of adjustments and lack of strength and conditioning. Ultimately, we wore down and UMass ran over us. It should have never happened. We had ample opportunity to win comfortably. Regardless of the hope I got from the USF game that we’d get better over time, we need to play to win and be aggressive on offense to get anywhere. Edsall was a total dud today. It is all on him. He sucked.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The performance at USF did show us something. There was some evidence of speed and capability. I still believe we saw a glimpse of better athleticism in that game and evidence these guys will be able to physically compete in the next year or two.

Today, there was evidence of terrible game planning, lack of adjustments and lack of strength and conditioning. Ultimately, we wore down and UMass ran over us. It should have never happened. We had ample opportunity to win comfortably. Regardless of the hope I got from the USF game that we’d get better over time, we need to play to win and be aggressive on offense to get anywhere. Edsall was a total dud today. It is all on him. He sucked.

The trip to USF showed us that in general the people who comment on UConn football are clueless.

All that happened in Tampa was that UConn hung around with an overrated dogcrap team. It meant no more than URI running out of time.

Reaction Score
The trip to USF showed us that in general the people who comment on UConn football are clueless.

All that happened in Tampa was that UConn hung around with an overrated dogcrap team. It meant no more than URI running out of time.

Man, you must be tough to live with.

Reaction Score

Today was a terrible loss and UConn is not a very good team. That said, today should have been a win. The coach lost it with a game plan to eat the clock and rely on the D. The O should have opened it up enough to put at least 30 on the board.
USF looked ok losing to a good Houston team today. Actually both team have some players and are fun to watch. I don't think they are the worst team in the top 25 by any means.
The performance last week was aided by opening it up on O, something that they for some reason would not do today.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Today was a terrible loss and UConn is not a very good team. That said, today should have been a win. The coach lost it with a game plan to eat the clock and rely on the D. The O should have opened it up enough to put at least 30 on the board.
USF looked ok losing to a good Houston team today. Actually both team have some players and are fun to watch. I don't think they are the worst team in the top 25 by any means.
The performance last week was aided by opening it up on O, something that they for some reason would not do today.

As bad as Edsall was today Whipple and UMass matched them plenty. Plus UMass couldn’t make a kick.

It’s a terrible team that lost to another terrible team. Stop make excuses and deal with the root cause. God awful leadership and terrible hires.

If losing giving up 57 and losing by 21 is ‘ok’ - then UConn might be the program for you. USF is by so far and away the worst team in the top 25 you need to measure the distance to 24 in lightyears.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom