Jeff Jacobs: UConn football captain Eli Thomas surviving and inspiring | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: UConn football captain Eli Thomas surviving and inspiring

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: UConn football captain Eli Thomas surviving and inspiring

Not a fan of having to sign up for a newsletter to read an article > click here: Jeff Jacobs: UConn football captain Eli Thomas surviving and inspiring

>>What I do know for sure is I can be a leader,” Thomas said. “I think the way I’ve kept going, pushing through things, people understand, ‘If Eli can come back after three ACLs and a stroke, maybe it’s not too bad.’ Anything that makes people work, that’s all I care about. I don’t care if I get zero tackles or zero minutes, if we get a ring or get some wins, I’ll be happy.”

Before Bruschi texted him, Thomas knew him as a terrific NFL linebacker. He didn’t know about his stroke.

He knows plenty now. “I talked to him a lot,” Thomas said. “He gave me a lot of advice.”

“Tedy has been a tremendous resource for him,” Edsall said. “When he finally had a chance to meet him a few weeks ago (at practice), that was very uplifting and powerful for Eli.”

Bruschi’s primary message? “Take it day by day,” Thomas said. “Be grateful to be alive.”<<

Reaction Score
Not to start another thread on Thomas (not that he doesn’t deserve the special attention) this fits here:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How similar is his condition to Tedy Bruschi's? I know he is working toward it, but are the odds to play again better than 6/5 or pick'em?

It was Bruschi's livelihood. Thomas is much younger and is not getting nicely compensated (I assume that is going into the decision as well). After seeing what just happened to Luke Perry and John Singleton, I hope those assisting Thomas in this decision have his best interest at heart.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Eli used only as the safety guy in the backfield when we are taking a knee to close out a victory. It would be great motivation for the team to get Eli on the field for every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom