Jeff Jacobs: UConn’s crucial stop could be a step in the right direction | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: UConn’s crucial stop could be a step in the right direction

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: UConn’s crucial stop could be a step in the right direction

>>Edsall said he saw players with more confidence in the fourth quarter. Maybe that manifests itself in the coming games. Maybe it doesn’t.

“What matters is we made big plays when we needed them,” Edsall said. “Eli made big plays.”

Again, truth.

Edsall said they had experimented in preseason when Thomas did drills on one-on-one pass rush with the offensive line.

“We put that in this week to help us a little bit on third down,” Edsall said. “This is a constant evolution of trying to get the best mix, the best packages of guys we can for all different scenarios we might see.

“Putting him and Darrian (Beavers) in there, making that move with Beavers (from linebacker to defensive end) and putting James (Atkins) and Lwal (Uguak) inside, and also Pierce (DeVaughn) we got in there this week,” Edsall said. “We had to find a way to get more speed on the field on third down and generate a pass rush without having to blitz all the time.

“Maybe that’s something we look at on first and second downs.”<<

>>“We didn’t tackle as well as I hoped,” Edsall said. “Some of it’s strength. Some technique.”<<

Reaction Score
We will win maybe 1 more game this year I think. We were giving up HUGE chunks of yards......to URI! I got home from the game and watched the last minute again on DVR. I didn’t like seeing Crocker doubled over on the sideline when the game ended. Is he up for this job?

Reaction Score
We will win maybe 1 more game this year I think. We were giving up HUGE chunks of yards.to URI! I got home from the game and watched the last minute again on DVR. I didn’t like seeing Crocker doubled over on the sideline when the game ended. Is he up for this job?
I think crocker has some pressure and is on hot seat. It doesn’t matter if we aren’t playing his defense still isn’t a excuse to give up so many points on defense. Open field tackling is bad. I honestly think he is on the hot seat

Reaction Score
We will win maybe 1 more game this year I think. We were giving up HUGE chunks of yards.to URI! I got home from the game and watched the last minute again on DVR. I didn’t like seeing Crocker doubled over on the sideline when the game ended. Is he up for this job?

He looked like someone who was told his son was just released by the kidnappers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This story talks about something happening at half time that concerned Edsall, but he went on to say he wouldn’t elaborate. Anyone have insight?

“I won’t even get into something that happened at halftime,” Edsall said, out of the blue. “It kind of concerned me a little bit. Well, not a little bit, a lot.”

I think Crocker and/or one or two of this staff members could be on the hot seat.

It’s not that they don’t have the personnel to run Crocker’s system, but that absolutely nothing is working at all. There are basic fundamentals of play and technique that just don’t seem to be getting better and that is worrisome particularly for the handful of guys we have in year 2 or 3.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Crocker may already know he's a dead man walking.

Reaction Score
Edsall probably told him 'make a stop here or you're fired ' which is why he reacted the way he did at the end.

Reaction Score
Edsall probably told him 'make a stop here or you're fired ' which is why he reacted the way he did at the end.

Yup that's the way I read it. The D needs to gamble more, the bigger the risks the bigger the rewards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom