Jeff Jacobs: Selfish Acts Hurt UConn, CCSU | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Selfish Acts Hurt UConn, CCSU

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Why doesn't Jacobs stop pontificating and just report sports
Let the coaches handle any miss-steps by these kids - no one got physically hurt
The kids will have to live with their actions
I despise Jacobs more and more - he politicizes and throws his slant on everything he writes
Gone are the days of Bill Lee and Owen Canfield
Jacobs needs to take his shtick to ESPN - he would fit in well there

Reaction Score
Let the coaches handle any miss-steps by these kids - no one got physically hurt
I despise Jacobs more and more - he politicizes and throws his slant on everything he writes
it's his job dingus

Reaction Score

Just remember guys - it's @whaler11 and I that drove people away from the BY.

Reaction Score
Everybody is being too hard on Hergy. He has been a model citizen, and by all accounts, one of the hardest workers on the team...one of the guys pointed to when telling people whose example to follow. Something happened, and he made a mistake. He's imperfect.

Randy was too hard on him in the press conference, and this article is too harsh. It sucked, and it was terrible timing, but it was 1 mistake. Maybe if the game had more meaning i would be angrier, but it was the difference between 3 wins and 4. Slightly more or less pathetic. I doubt he would have made the same mistake given higher stakes...but i don't have any proof of that except that he has never done this on any of his other catches/TD's.

Not only all that, but he was also one of very few players on our team who may have played to a D1 level recently. He is relied upon to be the #1 receiver because we don't have anyone better. In reality he is probably a decent #2, or a good #3. If we had anyone better, he wouldn't always be drawing the other teams best DB, and his numbers would be even better.

my 0.02

I'm not really much of a fan of his. I appreciate his work, and his time here, but i'd be thrilled if we had someone better to play X receiver. I just don't think it's fair the way this is being blown up like this. We have far bigger issues.

Reaction Score
Everybody is being too hard on Hergy. He has been a model citizen, and by all accounts, one of the hardest workers on the team...one of the guys pointed to when telling people whose example to follow. Something happened, and he made a mistake. He's imperfect.

I bet dollars to donuts he ends up being on Edsall’s Leadership Council next year...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

This mess is about criticizing someone’s writing.

I love it.

More orange slices, less reality please.

Hurry back over to the basketball board - someone might point out UConn is getting blown out.

Reaction Score

Oh, there you are. Go away again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek