Jeff Jacobs: Our Detour To Big-Time Football | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs: Our Detour To Big-Time Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna pay for that and I can't use that code on my work browser, any chance you can paste text?

It's too long... I don't pay either. I just have a registered email address.

Reaction Score
Just read the article through Google News. Best column I've read in awhile.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
It's too long... I don't pay either. I just have a registered email address.
Yup, all you need to do is "register" with your email address.

Reaction Score
Just registered and read. Pretty good.

Jacobs is a good writer but not telling us anything we don't already know (save his experiences at Mizzou).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Just registered and read. Pretty good.

Jacobs is a good writer but not telling us anything we don't already know (save his experiences at Mizzou).

Not telling you anything maybe, but die-hards aren't the target audience.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Kind of an odd article. About 90% Jeff Jacobs autobiographical piece, 10% relevant UConn football information. I'm not reading the sports section to hear Jacobs' life story. Thought this was kind of weak.

Reaction Score
Kind of an odd article. About 90% Jeff Jacobs autobiographical piece, 10% relevant UConn football information. I'm not reading the sports section to hear Jacobs' life story. Thought this was kind of weak.

That's because Jacobs is a "columnist" and not a beat reporter. He has wide latitude on what he covers and writes about and more often than not - it's an opinion piece.

Reaction Score
That's because Jacobs is a "columnist" and not a beat reporter. He has wide latitude on what he covers and writes about and more often than not - it's an opinion piece.

I think he writes well but mostly he writes about himself.

Reaction Score
I respect Jacobs' upfront approach with the title of the article alone.. but, right now, is not the time for this... I'd be more inclined to take the circle the wagons approach at this point.. we've talked enough about what we're not... and lately we've been talking the talk that things are on the up and up.. lets's walk the walk a little.. then talk...Let's see if we can get a "See, I told ya" from Diaco about 6-7 games into the season.. a little humility breeds success...

Reaction Score
Now, after reading the article... which is way more than the title of it.. not a bad personal biography with a little UCONN spin to it.. I just want us to win. I want the current Diaco talk that leads up to the start of the season tonight becomes what he implies.. a successful one.. but more so in the W-L column this team... We get he's building men.. All college football programs should be striving for the same thing, just don't BS us fans and bring UCONN football back to relevancy starting tonight....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom