Jeff Jacobs on the Sun Rise | The Boneyard

Jeff Jacobs on the Sun Rise

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
...see what I did there? ;)

For those to whom it matters, there's a Geno mention in here.

What better day to contemplate the Sun. Nice job by Jeff here but I have one quibble... he gives a nod to Cheryl Reeves as sort of a COY runner-up to Curt Miller. I think she's a terrific coach, but dang, she has 4 Olympians in her starting line-up. Like destination cities Washington, LA, NY and Phoenix, free agents line up to get on their roster. I think Jeff's honorable mention should have gone to Fred Williams.

Resurrecting Sun An Award-Worthy Feat For Curt Miller

"There is no doubting either Thomas. " - - Nice. :cool:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
...see what I did there? ;)

For those to whom it matters, there's a Geno mention in here.

What better day to contemplate the Sun. Nice job by Jeff here but I have one quibble... he gives a nod to Cheryl Reeves as sort of a COY runner-up to Curt Miller. I think she's a terrific coach, but dang, she has 4 Olympians in her starting line-up. Like destination cities Washington, LA, NY and Phoenix, free agents line up to get on their roster. I think Jeff's honorable mention should have gone to Fred Williams.

Resurrecting Sun An Award-Worthy Feat For Curt Miller

"There is no doubting either Thomas. " - - Nice. :cool:

Very nice article. It seems much more than a "Geno Mention" if no hyperbole

"Sun CEO Mitchell Etess and former GM Chris Sienko said Curt Miller had not been on their list as they extended their coaching search to replace the unsuccessful and sometimes taciturn Anne Donovan in December 2015. At one point, Sienko went over the possibilities with UConn coach Geno Auriemma and asked if he was missing anybody. Geno gave him a name of a guy who had impressed him at college, notably at Bowling Green.

His name was Curt Miller.

The sides connected late in the process. On the day of Miller's hiring, Sienko recounted how Miller was so passionate and so impressive that when he got up to go the bathroom, the Sun executives looked at each other and said, "This is the right guy."

He was the right guy."

That is quite an admission and Geno should win an award for best consultant.:rolleyes:

Also, the way Curt nailed the interview process is very similar to how Geno nailed his if I recall the story.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Very nice article. It seems much more than a "Geno Mention" if no hyperbole

"Sun CEO Mitchell Etess and former GM Chris Sienko said Curt Miller had not been on their list as they extended their coaching search to replace the unsuccessful and sometimes taciturn Anne Donovan in December 2015. At one point, Sienko went over the possibilities with UConn coach Geno Auriemma and asked if he was missing anybody. Geno gave him a name of a guy who had impressed him at college, notably at Bowling Green.

His name was Curt Miller.

The sides connected late in the process. On the day of Miller's hiring, Sienko recounted how Miller was so passionate and so impressive that when he got up to go the bathroom, the Sun executives looked at each other and said, "This is the right guy."

He was the right guy."

That is quite an admission and Geno should win an award for best consultant.:rolleyes:

Also, the way Curt nailed the interview process is very similar to how Geno nailed his if I recall the story.

The Geno angle was known and reported on from the very beginning. Etess, Sienko and Miller talked about it in the press when he was first named. December 2015...
Curt Miller Takes Over Sun, First Openly Gay Male Coach Of Pro Team In U.S.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom