Jeff Adrien to Chinese Basketball Association | The Boneyard

Jeff Adrien to Chinese Basketball Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very surprised Adrien was not signed as a free agent this year in the NBA, he had a few ten day contracts but was eventually released. He may be undersized but he works hard on the glass and I believe with enough minutes he could make an impact off the bench somewhere... thoughts?

Reaction Score
Playing time and $ were probably factors, btw your kind of late with this news lol.

Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:
Maybe you should look at the board before posting new threads, then?

Don't be mean to the reasonable new guy. We'll scare him off and then only the obnoxious new guys will stick around.

To respond to the OP, Jeff has been hurt a little by the stretch 4 era putting more of a premium on perimeter skills at the 4. That has forced him to try to stick as a very undersized 5. It's been pretty impressive he's made as many rosters as he has.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very surprised Adrien was not signed as a free agent this year in the NBA, he had a few ten day contracts but was eventually released. He may be undersized but he works hard on the glass and I believe with enough minutes he could make an impact off the bench somewhere... thoughts?
Welcome to the board. A place of reason and sanity. Where rarely a disparaging word is written.
Regarding Jeff it's too bad because he produces whenever he gets a chance. Jeff would have been a better option than some of the players the Knicks were trotting out there this year.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the board. A place of reason and sanity. Where rarely a disparaging word is written.
Regarding Jeff it's too bad because he produces whenever he gets a chance. Jeff would have been a better option than some of the players the Knicks were trotting out there this year.

Could not have said it better myself, oh well I wish him the best overseas.

BTW how is DeAndre doing in Australia anyone have an update?

Reaction Score
Could not have said it better myself, oh well I wish him the best overseas.

BTW how is DeAndre doing in Australia anyone have an update?
You know I was kidding about the sanity stuff right. I believe DD is top 10 in scoring, rebounds, blocks, and Sheilas

Reaction Score
Deandre Daniels this year in the NBL

15 PPG
39.9% FG
31.3% 3PT
66% FT
8.1 RPG (2nd to.. Josh Childress)
1.3 APG
0.5 StPG
0.96 BPG

He's top 10 in many areas, but his numbers aren't overwhelming considering the competition level and the average height in that league. There also is only 8 teams.

Reaction Score

15 PPG
39.9% FG
31.3% 3PT
66% FT
1.3 APG
0.5 StPG
0.96 BPG

He's top 10 in many areas, but his numbers aren't overwhelming considering the competition level and the average height in that league. There also is only 8 teams.

Is he starting at the 3 or 4?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

15 PPG
39.9% FG
31.3% 3PT
66% FT
1.3 APG
0.5 StPG
0.96 BPG

We could have used those #s for UCONN this year!

Reaction Score
In the CBA's regular season, the GuangDong Southern Tigers (34-4) finished in first place. GuangDong's headed to the CBA playoffs, so Jeff Adrien will get some added run. Here's some team news articles suggesting Adrien's playing pretty well.

"'This is my first visit to China,' says Adrien in another article about him joining the Southern Tigers. 'I thought I was going to be able to see the Great Wall.' When a Chinese asked him if being undersized is a disadvantage Adrien responded, 'I’m not the tallest player out there, but I am the toughest'.”

Reaction Score
I am fairly certain that his deal with Houston for almost a million was guaranteed. That is part of the reason why his release was some what surprising, but Jeff is getting his no matter where he plays this year.

Reaction Score
This ain't a bad thing. Make that money (and lots of it) doing what you love Jeff!

Hell he only will need a 5 year plan, then he's set for life with good money management.

Oh and as a bonus, he will be appreciated over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom