Jeff Adrien going to Guangdong | The Boneyard

Jeff Adrien going to Guangdong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
did jeffrey graduate and i dont meen jeff car.r

if not he still makin enuf cash that most mba (nilnba) dudes wont see so good for him; he used his educ wisely what ratio of 120 credits he got of it

he was lucky to ever appear in nba and never will again

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Every time a team signs him, their fans say "We don't need a 6'7" power forward!" And every time, those fans are won over with his toughness and production. And, every time, the team eventually drops him despite his production, to the fans' chagrin.

Some day, some team will give him a guaranteed contract, and he will reward them for it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The reason he got into the nba was the exact opposite of luck. He worked his off and outperformed guys supposedly better than him

Exactly. Adrien is my favorite Husky of all time and whenever he's been given a shot in the league he's done well.

I'll say that if Adrien had Thabeets frame he'd be an all NBA player.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well Jeff is an "eye of the tiger" kind of guy so I'm sure he'll fit right in.

Reaction Score
Every time a team signs him, their fans say "We don't need a 6'7" power forward!" And every time, those fans are won over with his toughness and production. And, every time, the team eventually drops him despite his production, to the fans' chagrin.

Some day, some team will give him a guaranteed contract, and he will reward them for it.
Adrian is probably more like 6'5" with the heart of a tiger.

Reaction Score
China has much more loot to spend on and off the court. If you don't have an ego (like Jeff) and want to set up a nice retirement in 7 years, Jeff couldn't be going to a better place.

I work with the Chinese and will attest that there is money to be made and hopefully Jeff will expand his endeavors to include business investments. I'm happy for him, especially if he embraces it.

I expect him to come back to the USA a wealthy (certainly rich) and successful man. That's if he elects to forego the NBA.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
There's many a fine lady there. Jeff is going to have some fun both on and off the court.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
China has much more loot to spend on and off the court. If you don't have an ego (like Jeff) and want to set up a nice retirement in 7 years, Jeff couldn't be going to a better place.

I work with the Chinese and will attest that there is money to be made and hopefully Jeff will expand his endeavors to include business investments. I'm happy for him, especially if he embraces it.

I expect him to come back to the USA a wealthy (certainly rich) and successful man. That's if he elects to forego the NBA.

Exactly. He has had more than a cup of tea in the NBA but hasn't secured any long-term deals.

He can go to China for a bit, collect enough money to set himself up for life, and then return to chase his NBA dream knowing he has a nest egg.

Reaction Score
A 2 week contract through Feb 3, even at sometimes overinflated CBA (China) salaries, won't secure Adrien for life. On the other hand, several full seasons could provide a very sound financial foundation should he opt out of the NBA / Development league rollercoaster. As much of a dump as Guangzhou is, it's conveniently a couple hour, US$25 train ride to HK for occasional international relief. Potentially, a good longer-term opportunity for Jeff.

Reaction Score

Hard for me to believe the Knicks and/or 76ers can't use Jeff A.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Update:

Emmanuel Mudiay started the season in China and played in nine games before suffering an ankle injury that put him on the shelf. Under immense pressure due to an 8-3 start and the incredibly short and condensed nature of the CBA regular season (which packs 37 games into just 90 days), Guangdong elected to replace Mudiay with NBA veteran Will Bynum.

The move seemed to pay off, as the team did not lose a single game until the (meaningless) final game of the regular season, finishing 33-4 and with the #1 overall seed heading into the playoffs.

All the while, Mudiay was still working out and practicing with the team, continuing to collect his paycheck and staying ready for the event that he was called upon due to injury or a coach's decision.

That's exactly what ended up happening, as after losing the first two games of the playoff semifinals, Guangdong head coach Du Feng made the controversial decision to deactivate big man import Jeff Adrien in favor of an all-US backcourt of Bynum and Mudiay. The team only had one day off between games to prepare for this unconventional adjustment, with Mudiay and Bynum never having played together in any type of official setting.

http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3c11ouoV3

For the season, he averaged 13.6 ppg, 11.3 rpg, and 1.0 apg; I'm not sure how many minutes per game he was logging. (His notorious frontcourt mate, Yi Jianlian, averaged close to 28 & 11. Combined with the news that Steph Marbury scored 38 points in a playoff game against Guangdong, that should tell you the caliber of the CBA.)

http://basketball.asia-basket.com/team/China/Guangdong_Southern_Tigers/1943

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I've spent quite a bit of time in China and when there I check out CBA games. Allow me to summarize: Chinese players dribble (usually badly) and pass the ball around for about 20 seconds, then pass inside to the big American who takes the shot. A slight variation of this: Chinese players dribble (usually badly) and pass the ball around for about 20 seconds, then kick the ball out to the other American on the floor for an outside shot.......

Reaction Score
got excited when i saw chap's reply...then realized this was a year old thread. #freechap

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

A 6-7 power forward with a 7 foot wingspan!

Reaction Score
How JA isnt on an NBA roster is beyond me. You mean to tell me he cant help a team coming off the pine for 10 min a game?!!! Not only that but the toughness he can bring to a team cant be measured in any boxscore.

Reaction Score
How JA isnt on an NBA roster is beyond me. You mean to tell me he cant help a team coming off the pine for 10 min a game?!!! Not only that but the toughness he can bring to a team cant be measured in any boxscore.
Sadly its about teams and their needs, basically open positions even if bench. In fact timing (right place/right time) plays a part. Oh and coaching matters as well, you have to be liked and highly regarded because NBA coaching gigs are not long term, many requiring a 'win now' mentality.

Anyway this doesn't apply just to Jeff but many good college basketball players. Speaking of UConn, we all can probably name a half dozen NBA teams Jeremy could thrive on, like the Knicks perhaps, but he's 'stuck' in OKC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom