JC on Cowherd after the commercial break | The Boneyard

JC on Cowherd after the commercial break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. He said him and bohiem are still friends but haven't talked in awhile.
2. He said bohiem deserves to go out on his own terms
3. Cow guy was his same egotistical know it all self
4. Cow dude said Calhoun is the greatest cbb coach ever in his opinion
5. He said the uconn offense where we have a pick and role at the end of the shot clock isn't going to work.
5. Compared what bohiem is doing to when he left the program to ollie.
6. Talked a little about the appeal going to cuse
7. He said something I think about how recruits see players like Kemba OK4 ect and like that more than the titles. This one I'm really not sure but you guys know how hard it is at times to understand Calhoun lol.

Don't quote me but I believe that's it. He might of said more about this year's team but I can't remember.

Reaction Score
7. He said something I think about how recruits see players like Kemba OK4 ect and like that more than the titles.

This actually makes a lot of sense in the context of our recruiting difficulties.

It's no secret that we're at a nadir of NBA alumni relevance -- aside from Rudy, Kemba, Drummond, and Ray Allen rumors, we don't have the sort of NBA presence that today's high schoolers would be in awe of.

As much as we like to talk about titles, that isn't what most top recruits are interested in. If they happen to win a title on their way to lottery-pick status, so be it. They want to go to the programs they see putting guys in the League as expediently as possible.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This actually makes a lot of sense in the context of our recruiting difficulties.

It's no secret that we're at a nadir of NBA alumni relevance -- aside from Rudy, Kemba, Drummond, and Ray Allen rumors, we don't have the sort of NBA presence that today's high schoolers would be in awe of.

As much as we like to talk about titles, that isn't what most top recruits are interested in. If they happen to win a title on their way to lottery-pick status, so be it. They want to go to the programs they see putting guys in the League as expediently as possible.
agreed... having coaches stashing bazz and lamb on the bench and not trading them isn't helping

Reaction Score

I think you are underselling the NBA relevance. UCONN still has more NBA players than all but 5 or 6 schools. And not many programs will trot out a trio like KW, AD and Rudy.

AAC and lack of a recruiting ace. Its that simple, IMO.

Reaction Score
I think at around the 7:20 mark, I heard JC call Colin "Dan".

"Who am I talking to again?"

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
1. He said him and bohiem are still friends but haven't talked in awhile.
2. He said bohiem deserves to go out on his own terms
3. Cow guy was his same egotistical know it all self
4. Cow dude said Calhoun is the greatest cbb coach ever in his opinion
5. He said the uconn offense where we have a pick and role at the end of the shot clock isn't going to work.
5. Compared what bohiem is doing to when he left the program to ollie.
6. Talked a little about the appeal going to cuse
7. He said something I think about how recruits see players like Kemba OK4 ect and like that more than the titles. This one I'm really not sure but you guys know how hard it is at times to understand Calhoun lol.

Don't quote me but I believe that's it. He might of said more about this year's team but I can't remember.

Did Colin discuss with JC that imminent B1G invitation?

Reaction Score
I think what he said about recruits' decision process was: they pick ability to make them a pro over NCAA championship. And UC had lots of NBA pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom