JC - it's official | The Boneyard

JC - it's official

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
So St. Joseph’s will be the Honorary Div. 3
Team of the Boneyard. I’m sure they’ll have an ongoing thread on here. Chief will be on their campus to search for and groom their
Version of Bunky and show their program how to successfully conduct a “Gag Order”.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who just doesn't get this whole thing? Why doesn't he continue to help UConn and why feel the need to do what he's doing at a D3 level?

Reaction Score
Yeah - this is awesome. I always wondered why coaches didn't do more of this. How cool it must be for a D3 kid to get coached in a competitive environment by a HOFer for 1+ seasons?

Reaction Score
This reminds me of when you Deep didn’t believe Cedric Ceballos liked playing basketball. It is simply a retiree continuing their life’s work in a less demanding environment.

Are you really calling me out on a Ced Ceballos reset?

Reaction Score
He loves coaching and molding young men. It's a passion of his and building a brand new program is right up his ally.

He still supports UConn in anyway possible

Eh. He's there part time for a year. Maybe 2. I feel the time is better spent at UConn instead of a school for teachers that just allowed men to enroll a few years ago.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Those kids are going to get destroyed come practice time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who just doesn't get this whole thing? Why doesn't he continue to help UConn and why feel the need to do what he's doing at a D3 level?

Because he's rich and bored. I don't think the UConn stuff is particularly interesting to him these days .

St. Joe's is D3 and he has Miller to help with the day to day - it's a low-pressure, low-effort way to get back into coaching which he has clearly missed. Nothing to overthink here.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who just doesn't get this whole thing?
No malice here but my guess would be yes. ;) Unless you are very young or never played or coached sports, this in not a hard thing to figure out.
Gym rat, basketball junkie 101.....
Schmoozing alumni for money is simply not the same as teaching and competing in the game at any level....

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My grad school alma mater! Go Jays! Big shoes for Jim to fill. The USJ football team is undefeated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom