Jaylin Williams | The Boneyard

Jaylin Williams

Reaction Score
Expect a rankings bump from him--been outplaying higher rated guys on the EYBL all summer.

6'10 215 PF/C

11.8 PPG
10.4 Reb
1.9/1.2 AST/TO
1.1 STL
1.2 BLK

47% FG%
58% 3% (on 17 attempts!)
44% on 2s--not very good
60% FT

Seems like a pretty unique player. Decent passing and shooting big that can rebound. Limited scoring ability inside.

I watched him play twice, but wasn't paying much attention. I think he has a big afro. If I remember correctly he is NOT a back to the basket type big. More of a modern big--some perimeter skills, ability to handle pressure with rim running, rebounding and 3s. I remember him hitting cutters a few times. No idea about defensive ability.

I like the offer. I think Hurley would prefer to play a primarily perimeter-oriented game.

Reaction Score
He’s a really good frontcourt prospect, but he’s from Arkansas so Musselman will be tough to beat here.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Loving the over 1 steal and 1 block per game.

I’m guessing he needs to add bulk to finish inside the arc?

Reaction Score
given that Cliff cried tears of joy when he got an offer from kentucky, his lifelong favorite team, is Jaylin plan B at center? John Hugley plan C? Elijah Taylor plan D?

i think these are the 4 i've seen mentioned most

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jaylin and Elijah are 4s
UConn offers a scholarship to the second Team Final player in the last 24 hours. This time to Elijah Taylor. He's a 4 and can play some 5
He’s a little taller and a lot longer than adrien. He’s closer to Oriahkis size, he plays center for the high school and ASU teams.

josh gray? appreciate the info as always! no need to bite my head off lol. not insane to think jaylin or elijah could back up carlton next year. especially seeing as whaley is his backup this year.

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Expect a rankings bump from him--been outplaying higher rated guys on the EYBL all summer.

6'10 215 PF/C

11.8 PPG
10.4 Reb
1.9/1.2 AST/TO
1.1 STL
1.2 BLK

47% FG%
58% 3% (on 17 attempts!)
44% on 2s--not very good
60% FT

Seems like a pretty unique player. Decent passing and shooting big that can rebound. Limited scoring ability inside.

I watched him play twice, but wasn't paying much attention. I think he has a big afro. If I remember correctly he is NOT a back to the basket type big. More of a modern big--some perimeter skills, ability to handle pressure with rim running, rebounding and 3s. I remember him hitting cutters a few times. No idea about defensive ability.

I like the offer. I think Hurley would prefer to play a primarily perimeter-oriented game.

58% 3% (on 17 attempts!) .... at 6'10"? Me like. Me like a lot.

Reaction Score
if we land cliff o and andre jackson, both non-shooters, i think jaylin's ability to spread the floor as a PF would make him the ideal third signing. unless we can get cam thomas, of course.

Gilbert--Gaffney
Bouk----Cole
Jackson-Polley
Akok----Williams
Omoruyi-Carlton

everyone coming off the bench would be able to shoot except carlton

Last edited:

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
if we land cliff o and andre jackson, both non-shooters, i think jaylin's ability to spread the floor as a PF would make him the ideal third signing. unless we can get cam thomas, of course.

Gilbert--Gaffney
Bouk----Cole
Jackson-Polley
Akok----Williams
Omoruyi-Carlton

gif.gif

Reaction Score

Gilbert--Gaffney
Bouk----Cole
Jackson-Polley
Akok----Williams
Omoruyi-Carlton

RJ Cole didn't come here to play off the bench. Tricky because they're both small. I get the feeling Rique will be gone and RJ will be the 1. Still, That depth will be a treat.

If Cam Thomas comes here, that all gets confusing. I had forgotten what depth looks like -- it's fun to hypothesize.

And Carlton isn't going to the bench as a senior. He is much better than Cliff.

But again... has the staff even watched Williams? I get the sense this conversation is useless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And Carlton isn't going to the bench as a senior. He is much better than Cliff

really???? wow when's the last time we had a top 50 recruit coming off the bench?!

jackson also expects to "play decent minutes" as a freshman. as you recognized, it gets complicated if we sign a second guard/wing like thomas or lane. either would be competing with jackson right away for that third starting spot alongside gilbert or cole, and bouknight. there's just more PT to go around in the frontcourt.

regarding jaylin in particular, he was at peach jam so i assume hurley saw him... but positive speculation never hurt anyone. as you said it's fun to hypothesize while there's still a chance of these things happening and he's simply the best shooter among the four PFs hurley still appears involved with (ware, springs, and taylor being the others)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
really???? wow when's the last time we had a top 50 recruit coming off the bench?!

jackson also expects to "play decent minutes" as a freshman. as you recognized, it gets complicated if we sign a second guard/wing like thomas or lane. either would be competing with jackson right away for that third starting spot alongside gilbert or cole, and bouknight. there's just more PT to go around in the frontcourt.

regarding jaylin in particular, he was at peach jam so i assume hurley saw him... but positive speculation never hurt anyone. as you said it's fun to hypothesize while there's still a chance of these things happening and he's simply the best shooter among the four PFs hurley still appears involved with (ware, springs, and taylor being the others)

Kemba

Reaction Score
Gilbert was off the bench to start the year as well. So 2016.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If Carlton continues to develop and a true freshman takes his spot, then that kid is likely a lottery pick.

Yeah, there aren't a ton of recruits in the 50ish range that come in and light the world on fire. Most need some time to improve their game before becoming great players. Look at Jeremy Lamb; he barely played until conference play started his freshman year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there aren't a ton of recruits in the 50ish range that come in and light the world on fire. Most need some time to improve their game before becoming great players. Look at Jeremy Lamb; he barely played until conference play started his freshman year.
I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, especially if we're looking at someone that barely makes the top 50. But I wanted to note that I don't think Jeremy Lamb was a top 50 player. Not even 50ish. Maybe top 100. Remember, we got the wrong Lamb (but it turned out to be the right Lamb).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I don't necessarily disagree with your statement, especially if we're looking at someone that barely makes the top 50. But I wanted to note that I don't think Jeremy Lamb was a top 50 player. Not even 50ish. Maybe top 100. Remember, we got the wrong Lamb (but it turned out to be the right Lamb).

I think he was in the 70s or 80s. When I say a "50ish" recruit, I mean someone in that general range of ranking. I wouldn't consider Zion Williamson a 50ish recruit, but he would obviously be top 50.

Reaction Score

Juwan Durham

Reaction Score
RJ Cole didn't come here to play off the bench. Tricky because they're both small. I get the feeling Rique will be gone and RJ will be the 1. Still, That depth will be a treat.

If Cam Thomas comes here, that all gets confusing. I had forgotten what depth looks like -- it's fun to hypothesize.

And Carlton isn't going to the bench as a senior. He is much better than Cliff.

But again... has the staff even watched Williams? I get the sense this conversation is useless.
Agree about Carlton. IF he improves again this coming year as most expect , 12/8 or so , and his progression continues into his senior year, 15/8 or 15/10ish, he will not be coming off the bench. Those numbers would put him on one of the all conference teams. A lot of ifs but it’s something that I think is achievable.

Reaction Score
I
I believe Jeremy was in the starting line up from game one

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom