Jaylen Fisher TCU | The Boneyard

Jaylen Fisher TCU

Reaction Score
Can someone refresh my memory on what happened with him. I remember us recruiting him for years and he ended up committing to UNLV but when Dave Rice got fired he de-committed. I think we reached out to him but Vital committed here and we moved on??

Watching him run the point at TCU right now and he is a strong hard nosed floor general with the ball. Glad things worked out for him but wish he was in white and blue

Reaction Score
Can someone refresh my memory on what happened with him. I remember us recruiting him for years and he ended up committing to UNLV but when Dave Rice got fired he de-committed. I think we reached out to him but Vital committed here and we moved on??

Watching him run the point at TCU right now and he is a strong hard nosed floor general with the ball. Glad things worked out for him but wish he was in white and blue
Once Alterique committed we cooled on him. Once Fisher decommitted from UNLV, we reached out but he made it clear he wanted to go somewhere he'd have the ball in his hands at all times, so we didn't really spend any extra time on him.

In retrospect he'd have gotten a lot of minutes. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters is going to be the one we will all be upset about missing out on.
I think we will end u kicking ourselves a bit with Waters, but we will most likely have 3 PG's next year and Vital, who to me is more of a combo but still. I think missing out on the group of Hammonds, Wilkes and Harvey, versatile wings, are gonna bite us.

Reaction Score
Tremont Waters is going to be the one we will all be upset about missing out on.
Don't want to scare people and I don't think he and Gilbert could ever simultaneously play, but I always thought he was better than MAL when I've seen them.

Reaction Score
Don't want to scare people and I don't think he and Gilbert could ever simultaneously play, but I always thought he was better than MAL when I've seen them.
Me too, but as you point out he's more limited than MAL -- who will rebound better and be able to guard 3 spots in most college games.

If we'd missed on Alterique I'd have preferred Waters. Since we didn't I think MAL was the better get.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think we will end u kicking ourselves a bit with Waters, but we will most likely have 3 PG's next year and Vital, who to me is more of a combo but still. I think missing out on the group of Hammonds, Wilkes and Harvey, versatile wings, are gonna bite us.

Did Waters ever show any real interest in UConn? It didn't seem like it, but I have no idea of whether he may have felt snubbed.

Reaction Score
Hard to think of that as a miss. I think the kid is going to be a really, really good college player but some kids just don't want to play for the home town team and it didn't seem like there was much KO could do about it.
I agree he and Heron were never coming here but when people see in-state players tearing up College Basketball the recruitment isn't what the casual fan sees. It's why Calhoun always had to answer questions about Camby and Gomes.

Reaction Score
They already had Gilbert locked up and then you had Adams from the previous class, Fisher was never coming here.

Reaction Score
Hammonds is the one I'm bummed about, I think he is the one of the 3 that we had a legit shot at.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom