Jayden Ross practice highlights | The Boneyard

Jayden Ross practice highlights

Reaction Score
Wow Jayden looks good..they all look good… we are stacked at the wing… I think a 3 peat is a possibility if key players can stay healthy… I would like to see UConn go 10 deep and pressure teams the full 40 minutes…I know it’s hard now in days to pressure teams into turnovers like we did early in Calhoun’s career.. but 40 minutes of pressure takes teams out of what they want to run

Reaction Score
Wow Jayden looks good..they all look good… we are stacked at the wing… I think a 3 peat is a possibility if key players can stay healthy… I would like to see UConn go 10 deep and pressure teams the full 40 minutes…I know it’s hard now in days to pressure teams into turnovers like we did early in Calhoun’s career.. but 40 minutes of pressure takes teams out of what they want to run
It also wears them down especially when you are throwing fresh people at them all the time, and when winning time comes they just don't have it. And sometimes it leads to 30-0 runs like the Illinois game!

Reaction Score
His passing was terrific
The passing and running the floor are great. There were times this year in the end of a blowout where he did a lot of the primary ball handling maybe he can see some minutes at the 2 (not that we are not stacked there either), but it gives him more chances to make an impact. I hope he gets his chance to shine, he seems like a great kid.

Reaction Score
Thought the kid was a live body when he got on the floor. Moves well, seems confident.

Reaction Score
Just seems like a very skilled player but how can he get time?
I like the kid but hes going to have a really tough time getting minutes. If you disagree go watch the Isaiah Abraham video and then watch this one. IA is levels ahead of JR. Now i see what coach Hurley meant when he mentioned guys that have really stood out in some of the practices. IA has put everyone on notice.

Reaction Score
Curious how Danny is managing expectations with Ross and Sengare, and if he’s straight in the fact that they are developing for their junior and senior years. Ross looks to be a skilled kid, body is maturing, but doesn’t have much of a place in the current rotation with Stew and Ian in front of him.

Reaction Score
No better feeling than getting a 'dap' from Coach during practice. This squad rocks!

caw

Reaction Score
Curious how Danny is managing expectations with Ross and Sengare, and if he’s straight in the fact that they are developing for their junior and senior years. Ross looks to be a skilled kid, body is maturing, but doesn’t have much of a place in the current rotation with Stew and Ian in front of him.

I have no idea but have to imagine Ross may have a shot at PT this year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ross is so interesting as the guy who got an invite to a camp this summer. You’d think he should be a big part of our roster if that’s how the NBA looks at him?

But I’m not sure how it’ll play out with the wings we have.

I’m also curious as to how he got an invite to a camp but not others on the team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like the kid but hes going to have a really tough time getting minutes. If you disagree go watch the Isaiah Abraham video and then watch this one. IA is levels ahead of JR. Now i see what coach Hurley meant when he mentioned guys that have really stood out in some of the practices. IA has put everyone on notice.
They aren’t even similar players. Ross is essentially in the Castle big guard, facilitator role. He’s not really a forward. Still an embarrassment of riches and the staff will have challenges this year.

Reaction Score
Ross has to be careful, he almost broke his nose on the rim in that dunk!

Forget the rotation, just evaluate each of these kids for what you see. Ross can play!

As always after watching these highlights, wonder what kind of defender is he?

Rotation and PT will work itself out.

Reaction Score
Absolutely!!

Last year in games where we really applied great defensive pressure, as well as fresh bodies to apply it, you saw the opponents start to slow down, weaken and even give up during the second half. Seemed like the closer we got to the title the more pronounced this effect was.

Reaction Score
Ross is so interesting as the guy who got an invite to a camp this summer. You’d think he should be a big part of our roster if that’s how the NBA looks at him?

But I’m not sure how it’ll play out with the wings we have.

I’m also curious as to how he got an invite to a camp but not others on the team.
Never understood how those invites were decided, is it the NBA who makes that call?

Regardless I totally agree. Have to think he’s the dark horse for surprising people with a breakout season.

Reaction Score
Isn't Ross the one who was initially a PG through half of his high school career and then had a major growth spurt?

Last year he didn't play many 'meaningful' minutes. But now he has a year+ in the system. He just looked like he just need to get stronger (which can be said about a lot of freshman) and learn to move the feet on the defensive end. He has an impressive natural skillset.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom