Jayda Evans: LJ speaks with Cambage | The Boneyard

Jayda Evans: LJ speaks with Cambage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was obvious in the Olympics that she is not in top physical condition. Some may say that she does not have the discipline to train properly, and this may be partially true. But, playing basketball at the NBA level requires more than just desire. One needs luck to be born with a superior cardiovascular system, muscle strength, etc. Just being tall doesn't do it without the rest of the package. Being tall, tends to push people into the basketball world. This is sometimes grossly unfair to the tall person who wants so much to perform but isn't equipped by nature to do so.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sometimes an athlete needs a mentor to help them. There was a time when Navratilova was a chunky, out of shape tennis player. She turned out OK.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I like how LJ said "it's her own journey and she has to experience it for herself."

I can understand Cambage's situation more than I can of the American's who are not playing. If she were an American who makes her home in the US, I would have different expectations. Cambage does not feel a sense of ownership with the WNBA that LJ does, obviously. LJ feels that sense of responsibility that I mentioned in a different thread, Cambage does not.

Reaction Score
Watching her crumble in the second half of that game, you had to expect rumblings to start about her lack of conditioning ala Terrell Owens and Donovan McNabb after their losing Super Bowl effort. But the Aussie women closed ranks around her with nary a negative comment I've heard.

Still, coming off that experience she either has to be rededicating herself to conditioning or facing the fact that she isn't going to meet the expectations that have been placed on her. i hope she's hitting the gym and not calling it quits for any reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom