Jay Rose | The Boneyard

Jay Rose

Reaction Score
Outside of his disastrous effort on that nearly botched kick return last night I've hardly seen him involved. For a guy with his list of offers and talent I hope we can find an appropriate spot for him on this team to contribute considering the level of talent around him. Where do people see him fitting in?

Reaction Score
Outside of his disastrous effort on that nearly botched kick return last night I've hardly seen him involved. For a guy with his list of offers and talent I hope we can find an appropriate spot for him on this team to contribute considering the level of talent around him. Where do people see him fitting in?

Can he rush the passer? I'm not kidding.

Reaction Score
I honestly was thinking the same myself. Is he a potential DE conversion? He's 6'3 230 and ran a 4.7. Build him up a bit and see what he can do? couldn't hurt instead of burying him on Special Teams

Reaction Score
I honestly was thinking the same myself. Is he a potential DE conversion? He's 6'3 230 and ran a 4.7. Build him up a bit and see what he can do? couldn't hurt instead of burying him on Special Teams

I think he might not even deserve to be on special teams right now.

Reaction Score
He seems like one of those types of players who peaked in high school. If he could help the team, RE would put him where he could help.

Reaction Score
If the kid can play and contribute, I'd put him at DE in a half second. He might actually be impactful having size and speed. He can hold outside leverage, speed rush and even drop back into zone cover. Can't do any worse that what we have.

Reaction Score
If the kid can play and contribute, I'd put him at DE in a half second. He might actually be impactful having size and speed. He can hold outside leverage, speed rush and even drop back into zone cover. Can't do any worse that what we have.
I was thinking there or Sam/Will...kid is definitely an athlete.

Reaction Score
No to putting him on D.
Remember guys, This is year one under Edsall 2.0. We can't go Looney Tunes on position changes like that with current players. He's destined to contribute on offense for us, which has always been his strength.

We need to address DL in recruiting. More so JUCO, GS transfer route. Gotta have more push up front on D like we had years past. The loss of Blackwell and Jenkins hurt us more than our coaching staff lead on; however, they did tell us (probably warned us but we didn't want to believe it) in the beginning that this team is pretty much building all over with this new staff. Sucks but it's reality.

Reaction Score
No to putting him on D.
Remember guys, This is year one under Edsall 2.0. We can't go Looney Tunes on position changes like that with current players. He's destined to contribute on offense for us, which has always been his strength.

We need to address DL in recruiting. More so JUCO, GS transfer route. Gotta have more push up front on D like we had years past. The loss of Blackwell and Jenkins hurt us more than our coaching staff lead on; however, they did tell us (probably warned us but we didn't want to believe it) in the beginning that this team is pretty much building all over with this new staff. Sucks but it's reality.

Normally I would agree with you, however in this case we have a ton of good receivers coming back next year and Tyler Davis and Fitton could probably hold the fort at TE. WE NEED HELP ON D! All options should be explored.

While we are on the subject I would also consider moving Jarrell Chaney to safety. The kid flashed aggressive tackling ability on his high school video and he has the size for the position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Normally I would agree with you, however in this case we have a ton of good receivers coming back next year and Tyler Davis and Fitton could probably hold the fort at TE. WE NEED HELP ON D! All options should be explored.

While we are on the subject I would also consider moving Jarrell Chaney to safety. The kid flashed aggressive tackling ability on his high school video and he has the size for the position.
I realize these kids are such good athletes that they could probably play on the other side of the ball, but what about bringing true defensive players who've already excellent at DE, DT, CB, S? With the new schedule, & learning curve, I'd rather do my damnedest to recruit kids that already embody the instincts to play the pisition at a high level.

Reaction Score
We need fast, not big. We are far slower than our counterparts, especially at LB, but everywhere on D.

I agree we need to tackle better at every position on D, but if we don't leave guys open all over, we don't need to worry nearly as much about tackling.

My guess is it's easier to teach tackling technique, than coverage skills.

I would rather not leave so many guys open in the D backfield, then worry about tackling them in space. Stop leaving the space, and we will have to worry less about the rest.

Reaction Score
Bloom and Myers graduate next year. There will be open competition for big snaps at TE.
I think he will be the backup tight end behind Davis. Possibly #3 behind Holman. I know it was 1Play but he didn’t look good nor did he look great on the second pooch kick. Ordinary blocker on kicks. I haven’t seen anything special with him though I know he is from Southington so he is probably a heisman candidate.

Reaction Score
Does he love hitting people? If not, you don't put him on Defense. S kid was a QB converted to TE. What makes anyone thingheeants to play Defense? It isn't just about athleticism.

Reaction Score
The first time I saw Jay play was the open practice and I was impressed with him. A guy in our lil crew was saying put him on D also. No offense to the mention of Blackwell but I don't think his loss hurt even a smidge. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Does he love hitting people? If not, you don't put him on Defense. S kid was a QB converted to TE. What makes anyone thingheeants to play Defense? It isn't just about athleticism.
If they do, then they should be moved. We have plenty of depth at skill positions. Might be old fashioned but you play where the team needs you to play. The DE position is a great transition position. You can learn outside leverage technique in a week, the reads are fairly easy and if you have any agility and ability to get off blocks, you can be impactful. The simple rule is don't get sucked down the line and lose contain. Let's get players that have something to contribute on field. Can't be worse than what we are seeing presently.

Reaction Score
Didn't Cincinnati have great luck a few years ago putting a TE to DE 'cause they just needed to. If remember correctly he made NFL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom