Jay Bilas: Huskies Were Captivating | The Boneyard

Jay Bilas: Huskies Were Captivating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That's why everyone was rooting for UConn.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
x2_8a43bbc
BALLIN'!!!

Reaction Score
Im thinking more and more that Bilas is a closet Uconn fan. Hes always gone out of his way to give high praise for this program over the years.

Reaction Score
Real recognize real, thats why Bilas has always given UConn praise.

Reaction Score
Im thinking more and more that Bilas is a closet Uconn fan. Hes always gone out of his way to give high praise for this program over the years.

i dont think he`s a closet case, hes been pretty open about his fondness for uconn and jim calhoun. he`s our dickie v but without the annoyance or biased observation.

Reaction Score

Not sure about UConn fan per say. I think he's neutral AND he definitely tells it like it is with no ego or BS. Unlike any other ESPN or other so called "anylist/analyst." I also think he loves and appreciates good smart basketball and with few exceptions that IS/HAS BEEN UConn basketball.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In 2009 I distinctly remember him picking Texas A&M to beat us. Then Purdue. Then Missouri was going to give us 40 minutes of hell. UConn finally loses and he says, "See, I told you they weren't that good." Actually, I made that last line up; but Bilas did pick against UConn the entire tournament.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
In 2009 I distinctly remember him picking Texas A&M to beat us. Then Purdue. Then Missouri was going to give us 40 minutes of hell. UConn finally loses and he says, "See, I told you they weren't that good." Actually, I made that last line up; but Bilas did pick against UConn the entire tournament.
And he picked for us the entire tournament this year. You'd think it would be the other way because the 08-09 team was clearly athletically superior.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And he picked for us the entire tournament this year. You'd think it would be the other way because the 08-09 team was clearly athletically superior.
Not really. UConn went 4-3 after the Dyson injury. So he was probably factoring in that injury in his tournament predictions.

Whereas after announcing for the Maui Tournament, Bilas felt that having a player like Kemba put UConn in a position to win the NCAAs. And I'm sure this was reenforced after the BE tournament.

Reaction Score
Bilas is a smart dude with a very high basketball IQ. He did as a player and he has carried that on in his profession. It's not rocket science that a guard with a great handle and shot will doninate in a tourney. KW A stud in the backcourt is more valuable that a 3 or 4 or 5. They have to be fed the ball the 1 controls it, and when the 1 is a combo guard, things are looking mighty good. Dickie is theatre Bilas is substance.

Reaction Score
Off topic on Bilas. What is with him constantly tweeting Young Jeezy lyrics. Definitely not something I expected.

Reaction Score
That stupid Kris Dunn link on courant.com gets me every time.

it reminds me of 1998 - i was 11 at the time and i wasn't allowed to stay up to watch the end of the late first round games. uconn beat fdu that year 93-85, but NBC news in NY the next morning had FDU 93 - UCONN 85 on the scrolling ticker. That was a rough morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom