Javonte Brown to Texas A&M | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown to Texas A&M

Reaction Score
Wow that was fast! He won't be eligible until year right?

Reaction Score
Only good thing from this was seeing a player for us seem to compliment & confirm Hurley is practicing these kids hard.
Tough for me to think about someone transferring that I could be more indifferent about

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand what the rush was for during this weird season. I’m shocked that he didn’t give our program a chance to grow and become a better. He’s obviously not ready to contribute any serious playing time for any school.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand what the rush was for during this weird season. I’m shocked that he didn’t give our program a chance to grow and become a better. He’s obviously not ready to contribute any serious playing time for any school.
If I understand it correctly there’s great incentive to transferring during this season, as you don’t have to sit out next year, as you would traditionally. ?

Reaction Score
If I understand it correctly there’s great incentive to transferring during this season, as you don’t have to sit out next year, as you would traditionally. ?
The belief from everyone, coaches, players, etc., is that the NCAA is going to pass legislation that everyone will be able to transfer once without having to sit out.

Reaction Score
Chief thinks he has potential to develop into a good player. If he works hard and gets good coaching, he will be a player in a couple of years.
Tell Chief that Brown said all the people in front of him lessened his chances for playing time at UConn and should the senior big men not leave his opportunities could be limited again next year.
That doesn't sound like a confident guy who believes he has the talent to make a big jump next year or even as this season plays out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is he eligible this season? A&M could use him this season. Not a very good team.

Reaction Score
I hope he has a great career and look forward to Mr. Clingan getting the minutes he’s leaving behind.

C

Chief00

Tell Chief that Brown said all the people in front of him lessened his chances for playing time at UConn and should the senior big men not leave his opportunities could be limited again next year.
That doesn't sound like a confident guy who believes he has the talent to make a big jump next year or even as this season plays out.
You need to reread my post before you characterize it.

Reaction Score
You need to reread my post before you characterize it.

I wasn't characterizing your post. You said he has the potential to develop into a good player if he works hard and gets good coaching. That may well be true, but it implies he wasn't working hard and/or wasn't getting good coaching here............something IW shows worked here for him.

My points were:
-Is that likely to happen at A&M if he isn't willing to stay and fight for minutes here?
-If he believes the seniors here were affecting his playing time and might do so again next year if some return, does he lack confidence in his ability to develop?
-Did the coaching staff here fail to coach him and keep him apprised of his progress and what he must work on to get more playing time?

We'll probably never know what lead to him leave, but he doesn't sound like a good fit for this program if he's not confident and doesn't want to fight to improve and win playing time. The puzzling thing was how fired up he appeared to be on the sideline at his last game.

C

Chief00

I wasn't characterizing your post. You said he has the potential to develop into a good player if he works hard and gets good coaching. That may well be true, but it implies he wasn't working hard and/or wasn't getting good coaching here............something IW shows worked here for him.

My points were:
-Is that likely to happen at A&M if he isn't willing to stay and fight for minutes here?
-If he believes the seniors here were affecting his playing time and might do so again next year if some return, does he lack confidence in his ability to develop?
-Did the coaching staff here fail to coach him and keep him apprised of his progress and what he must work on to get more playing time?

We'll probably never know what lead to him leave, but he doesn't sound like a good fit for this program if he's not confident and doesn't want to fight to improve and win playing time. The puzzling thing was how fired up he appeared to be on the sideline at his last game.
Respectfully, that’s not what I implied or said. A&M has deep Canadian ties and they have minutes. Let’s not over think this. Quite frankly, Chief doesn’t have the time to re-explain, since what I said is what I said and there’s a game today. Thank you for being a fan and Chief wishes you the best.

Reaction Score

My points were:

You're right in everything you said, therefore you are wasting your time with any hope that he will acknowledge. Therefore he is an _____. (Fill in the blank)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom