Javonte Brown-Ferguson 2019-2020 Season Mixtape | The Boneyard

Javonte Brown-Ferguson 2019-2020 Season Mixtape

Reaction Score
JVB is the type of player that we all need to sort of agree to put no expectations on for 18 months. He has traits that no one can teach - namely size. But put him under the basket with some 22-year-olds and it will be a lot of getting pushed around under the tin

What I like - Size, agility, touch

What needs work - strength, defensive movement and positioning, 10,000 calories a day.

Given that Akok is out at least part of the year, I doubt they strait up redshirt JVB, but I think expectations any higher than 5-10 minutes as an emergency big next year are unrealistic.

Long-term? Can be a beast. Now? I'm skeptical.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Ideal basketball frame. Basically a blank canvas for the staff to work with.

Reaction Score
What I see is that Javonte has really impressive size and length, and the mobility to go with it. He is seriously big. Just 18 years old, I'm sure knowledgeable basketball scouts see the great potential that he may have. The best thing about his whole recruitment is that Javonte and his family are confident that Danny Hurley, Kenya Hunter, and the other coaches here at UConn can develop him and bring out his best.

That to me speaks volumes about the respect this coaching staff and program are getting in today's collegiate basketball landscape. Awesome stuff, another big sign that UConn is back.

Javonte is a big recruit. He may very well develop into one of the more dominating centers over the next few years; this next year, staff can bring him along at the proper pace since we have senior bigs in the fold plus redshirt freshman Richie Springs.

The BIG EAST Conference is going to be one helluva proving grounds for our current and future players, and make no mistake, the UConn basketball program with Hurley at the helm, makes this conference better on the whole.

Really looking forward to watching Javonte and every other player here at UConn killing it, night in and night out, here in the BIG EAST. Feels like we're back where we belong.

A shout out to Val Ackerman and the other decision-makers for making this possible.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hate mixtapes, but that's just me.
This one in particular was too heavily edited to see all that much. Interesting that he's more inclined to use two hands when he is not in traffic. Like pretty much everyone else, I see tremendous potential, but he's got a ways to go.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking of him as a 2021 recruit on an extended OV. He is a year + younger than most freshman. Sophomore year he'll have freshman expectations from me.

He could easily end up a comfortsble 7' 250lbs by sophomore year if he buys in with Sal.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm thinking of him as a 2021 recruit on an extended OV. He is a year + younger than most freshman. Sophomore year he'll have freshman expectations from me.

He could easily end up a comfortsble 7' 250lbs by sophomore year if he buys in with Sal.
Same, he's really raw, his freshman year will be all about physical development.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

If he can play with that intensity, rebound, block shots, and set screens without fouling he'll be a huge asset. Setting screens without fouling is huge. Whaley and Carlton were horrendous at that

pj

Reaction Score
5 fouls to give, and a very different look from either Carlton or Whaley. He'll add value from the get-go even if he's still as raw as he looks in this video.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He looks as though could play center in a 2/3 zone and be effective this year.

Which helps him at Syracuse and not here. He's looks super raw and will probably see very little time, barring unforeseen circumstances

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
A Sultan of Swat. A Rackateerist of Rejections. He doles out the defense.

I like what I'm seeing.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of Vin Baker. It will take a couple years but I think he has that type of talent.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom