Jasudowich to BC | The Boneyard

Jasudowich to BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't see it mentioned here but BC got a commit from another CT kid. BC now has the #1,2 and 4 players from Connecticut. I do think the ?? around the BE are impacting some of the local kids.

Reaction Score
his commit was posted ... weird though that I can't find it for the life of me... A blow to us because he's another top 5 kid in CT that we couldn't keep in CT...

Reaction Score
For how well BCU has done in CT, they have been abysmal keeping the top MA kids at home.

Reaction Score
Ironically, one would have to presume he has a better shot at seeing the field there. We are loaded at LB for years to come.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cory had a verbal for a while to camp and get that official offer. he did and he got it. then it was a pick between bc and uconn. he had been a bc lean since his visit there a while back becuase spaz told him he can verbal and still look around. bummer we lost another ct kid but i suspect the staff will still go after him after bc stinks. i think the nbe vs acc thing is playing out more here at home then i expected. were still doing better than normal in ct, just for this year it seems were going to miss on a couple of the best players and bc will end up with 1 or 2 of them.

good luck to cory, wish u stayed home but where ever you end up playing enjoy yourself. i still hold out hope ;).

ct top 10 off the top of my head:
1. boyle- bc (uconn/fl/umass/pitt/cuse)
2. onlanrewaju- uva(not from ct...uconn/ruty/tem/wvu)
3. isaacs- bc (overrated by 1 service but a solid 3* prospect...uconn/md/ruty, i will say he ends up at md)
4. cjazz- bc (underrated imho by some umass/uconn/md/tem)
5. thomas- uconn (temple/ruty, bc is going to offer soon also from my source)
6. jva- ? (bc/duke/harv/md/yale/tem/umass, uconn will offer soon imho post camp evaluation)
7. coggins- ? (bc has offered, uconn will soon)
8. myers- uconn (temple offered, just decided fball over bball, will get more offers soon and his stock may rise)
9. jbeckford- ? (no offers yet reported, kid is a beast ath that a school will take as a project player with big upside)
10. fisher- ? (haven't seen anything on him, kid should have multiple bcs offers...)
others to watch for a top 10 slot in ct this year- huff, matos, brown, joyner(will prob be a top 10 kid bumping some 1 else down but i have yet to see info), vaughn, walsh, barton, nbeckford, o'neil and basilica.

seems to me its the acc vs the nbe(uconn) for all the good prospects this year.

Reaction Score
I would have to think that Noel will stay solid even if he gets other offers. He seems to love UConn.

Reaction Score
Jazz just fell in love with BC dont think it was a conference thing there tbh. I'd probably also have Noel Thomas higher on that list. I really don't consider Onlanrewaju as a CT prospect. You have to due to school but if I'm going by legit CT kids I'd go Isaacs,Boyle,Thomas,and Jazz. Wish Jazz had put his BC visit back a couple days BC has a big week atleast Boyle will be here.

Reaction Score
There is a line between wanting to be enthusiastic and just plain being incorrect.

Like I posted in the other thread (which you ignored), in 17 months P landed three times as many top 5 CT hs players as Edsall did in 9 years.

Even the one player that committed to Edsall signed with Pasqualoni.

Reaction Score
We have at most 16 - 18 spots (see previous post). We filled 5 . So 30% of the recruiting season is over for us. Maybe we have kids in mind for the last dozen spots and are not recruiting the rest so hard. The question is who are we really going after? Can we close those guys. We need a RB in this class, maybe two. If we land a couple of studs then it will tell me how recruiting is really going.

I am happy with the gets we got.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
There is a line between wanting to be enthusiastic and just plain being incorrect.

chesus dude

2013-we have 2 kids already who have other offers that are on the same level as us(noel and myers). we lost 4 to the acc, 2 of them we were in it for. we will land coggins and who knows who else still.
2012- we got casey who had bc/iowa offers. rennick with a temple offer. we lost out on kids to iowa and psu, we were in it for both.
2011-sean and max to uconn. i think neither had any other offers. rest of kids went to iowa/fl/nd.
2010- we watched 8 kids pick psu/fsu/fl/bc. we landed jones and jones, both had no offers. for and giggles check out where baty is noadays also...

can u not see the difference from the last 2 years to before? i'm not trying to have a RE convo but come on. kid we have landed have other offers and were makings kids decisions hard when they leave for other schools. thats major progress in 2 years. factor in the nbe being what it is somehow to that i guess. its not the same. maybe u just read my stuff and others and say hmm we should land everyone, i'm not sure. but we are in a far better place right now then we were 2 years ago for getting ct kids.

Reaction Score
I must have written about Edsall and then modified my post in reaction to your thread.

I hate to break this to you, but not everything P does will be good enough, and not everything P does will not be good enough, because it is better or worse than what Edsall might have done.

Now, having said that, how many Top 5 CT players did we get in P's first class last year and this year to date that turned down another BCS offer to come to us? Because if it's not more than BC took out of here over our offers during that time period, it's not enough. However long you want to use our former coach as a justification for non-performance.

Reaction Score
Like I posted in the other thread (which you ignored), in 17 months P landed three times as many top 5 CT hs players as Edsall did in 9 years.

Even the one player that committed to Edsall signed with Pasqualoni.

And you're really so egotistical that you think I need to read every other thread in the Forum to see if you might have said something on a topic before responding to someone elses post? Get over yourself. Even I'm not that egotistical.

Reaction Score
I must have written about Edsall and then modified my post in reaction to your thread.

I hate to break this to you, but not everything P does will be good enough, and not everything P does will not be good enough, because it is better or worse than what Edsall might have done.

Now, having said that, how many Top 5 CT players did we get in P's first class last year and this year to date that turned down another BCS offer to come to us? Because if it's not more than BC took out of here over our offers during that time period, it's not enough. However long you want to use our former coach as a justification for non-performance.

Did you even read Dan's post? Casey has an Iowa offer.

Reaction Score
chesus dude

2013-we have 2 kids already who have other offers that are on the same level as us(noel and myers). we lost 4 to the acc, 2 of them we were in it for. we will land coggins and who knows who else still.
2012- we got casey who had bc/iowa offers. rennick with a temple offer. we lost out on kids to iowa and psu, we were in it for both.
2011-sean and max to uconn. i think neither had any other offers. rest of kids went to iowa/fl/nd.
2010- we watched 8 kids pick psu/fsu/fl/bc. we landed jones and jones, both had no offers. for ****s and giggles check out where baty is noadays also...

can u not see the difference from the last 2 years to before? i'm not trying to have a RE convo but come on. kid we have landed have other offers and were makings kids decisions hard when they leave for other schools. thats major progress in 2 years. factor in the nbe being what it is somehow to that i guess. its not the same. maybe u just read my stuff and others and say hmm we should land everyone, i'm not sure. but we are in a far better place right now then we were 2 years ago for getting ct kids.

Unlike 95, I have no issue having a discussion with you.

I use Rivals for data for purposes of comparison. Always have and always will because it's as reliable as any and much more easily accessed. I don't see other BCS offers for Thomas or Meyers? Am I misreading it? Temple wasn't a BCS team until two months ago. Am I supposed to treat them as one retroactively? Cochrane was a good CT get that we wouldn't have had in all likelihood without P. But that's not a trend.

And, for the millionth time, I think P is a better recruiter than Edsall and I think that, to date, there has been some marginal uptick. But because there are things that Edsall does better than P, I think the improvement we make in recruiting (in terms of how our classes are ranked) will need to be far more pronounced than they have to date in order for us to succeed. And that is true whether Esall or someone else was our prior coach. It's about what this coach needs to do.

Reaction Score
Did you even read Dan's post? Casey has an Iowa offer.

Rivals shows him with no other BCS offers. Now, I respect Dan and his work, and Dan may be correct, but I don't think it's unreasonable to use Rivals as a factual baseline as opposed to Dan, especially as Dan pulls in tons of raw data without knowing the source himself.

Reaction Score
A couple of observations:

1. BL gets off on needling you P guys a little too much (admit it BL).
2. BL happens to be right about this.

We got Cochran, who was the top player in the state last year. Edsall wouldn't have gotten him if it was his only offer. Other than that.......I really don't see a difference in-state. I do think, FWIW, that recruiting has slightly improved from past years and I think P's plan when it comes to recruiting is a lot more aggressive than Edsall's. What I care about the most is whether the uptick in recruiting carries out onto the field.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
But because there are things that Edsall does better than P, I think the improvement we make in recruiting (in terms of how our classes are ranked) will need to be far more pronounced than they have to date in order for us to succeed.

What are the things Edsall does better than P? Finish in the top 25? Beat top 10 teams? Beat top 25 teams? Win in a BCS game? Put superstars in the NFL?

or, be really efficient are beating MAC teams? (that one I'll grant you)

Reaction Score
What are the things Edsall does better than P? Finish in the top 25? Beat top 10 teams? Beat top 25 teams? Win in a BCS game? Put superstars in the NFL?

or, be really efficient are beating MAC teams? (that one I'll grant you)

Oh vey. Why, again? My point is we're getting our clock cleaned by BC for the top CT recruits and that shouldn't be acceptable. Nothing to do with Edsall.

I have made clear repeatedly what I think P does better than Edsall and vice versa and see no reason to repeat myself to the rest of the board. If you really care, send me a PM and I'm happy to repeat it. But we both know you're not.

Reaction Score
And you're really so egotistical that you think I need to read every other thread in the Forum to see if you might have said something on a topic before responding to someone elses post? Get over yourself. Even I'm not that egotistical.

That would be a decent excuse, except that there were three pages worth of posts in the thread after I posted that.

In addition, you made numerous other posts after me, and I quoted you in my response. It's in the thread titled "wow".

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I have made clear repeatedly what I think P does better than Edsall and vice versa and see no reason to repeat myself to the rest of the board. If you really care, send me a PM and I'm happy to repeat it. But we both know you're not.

And you're really so egotistical that you think I need to read every other thread in the Forum to see if you might have said something on a topic before responding? Get over yourself. Even I'm not that egotistical.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
chesus dude

2010- we watched 8 kids pick psu/fsu/fl/bc. we landed jones and jones, both had no offers. for ****s and giggles check out where baty is noadays also...

Sean had offers from Miami and Northwestern.

pj

Reaction Score
The sample size of multi-BCS-offer CT players is small enough that it's hard to tell in just a few years. Boyle is a Catholic school kid, he may just have liked BC. Isaacs from Boston. BC was on Jasudowich first and offered first, sometimes that swings things.

I agree with those who think the conference situation makes a difference. Rutgers is having a tough recruiting year, and I doubt it's all on the coaches. Promoting Temple to the Big East has created another nearby competitor, that cost us Barone. It's a tougher environment right now.

I think P is definitely in on more guys nationally than RE was, and getting looks. Not a lot are closing, but we did get Lagow. If we get 8-9 3*s plus some good athletes who will be excellent players after redshirting and practicing, it can be a very good class.

We really have to perform on the field. Success on the field will draw players in. It's going to be a bootstrap process. I think P, DeLeone, and Don Brown may be much better coaches than BL gives them credit for. Let's see how this season goes. I'm excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom