Jasper ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Jasper ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. I can't think of the word Jasper without immediately thinking McLevy.
  2. Very slow start. We shouldn't trail Manhattan. Not even for one second.
  3. Took seven minutes or so, before we started looking/playing like a UConn team.
  4. Spencer feeling it. Especially from 3.
  5. Tristen's 2/3 court pass to Diarra on the break at 9:23 was one of those special plays I'll still remember after the season's over.
  6. Did I just see Danny Hurley hugging a referee?
  7. After taking 7 minutes to get going, 5 minutes later we were up by 16.
  8. Glad to see Donovan dunking instead of shooting layups.
  9. Tempo and cohesion seemed to amp up when Samson came in, but didn't fall off when Clingan came back.
  10. Speaking of Donovan, did he put on somebody else's T-Shirt today? It looked 2 or 3 sizes too small for him.
  11. At the half, TNewt had 10 points, 8 dimes and 3 boards. Told my wife he was going to get his third triple double today. She replied, "Is that a good thing?"
  12. Both teams finished the game perfect from the line.
  13. Manhattan actually looked very well coached, and ran some fairly intricate plays, mostly to set up open threes.
  14. There were a total of 11 free throws taken in the game, and 12 fouls total -- 6 on each team. That's good officiating! All of those FTs were made. 9 by the good guys. 2 by them other guys.
  15. So now Newton has a triple, triple double? I'm calling it now... He'll have another before he's done.
  16. Hassan had the best game of his UConn tenure.
  17. Another game, another win. :)

Reaction Score
At the half, TNewt had 10 points, 8 dimes and 3 boards. Told my wife he was going to get his third triple double today. She replied, "Is that a good thing?"
I wonder if, once he knew he had the points and assists virtually locked up, he went out and hunted rebounds. I know he's motivated by that sort of thing and takes pride in those accomplishments that showcase his well-rounded game that is seriously underheralded, but he manages to do it within the team concept.

Reaction Score
  1. I can't think of the word Jasper without immediately thinking McLevy.
  2. Very slow start. We shouldn't trail Manhattan. Not even for one second.
  3. Took seven minutes or so, before we started looking/playing like a UConn team.
  4. Spencer feeling it. Especially from 3.
  5. Tristen's 2/3 court pass to Diarra on the break at 9:23 was one of those special plays I'll still remember after the season's over.
  6. Did I just see Danny Hurley hugging a referee?
  7. After taking 7 minutes to get going, 5 minutes later we were up by 16.
  8. Glad to see Donovan dunking instead of shooting layups.
  9. Tempo and cohesion seemed to amp up when Samson came in, but didn't fall off when Clingan came back.
  10. Speaking of Donovan, did he put on somebody else's T-Shirt today? It looked 2 or 3 sizes too small for him.
  11. At the half, TNewt had 10 points, 8 dimes and 3 boards. Told my wife he was going to get his third triple double today. She replied, "Is that a good thing?"
  12. Both teams finished the game perfect from the line.
  13. Manhattan actually looked very well coached, and ran some fairly intricate plays, mostly to set up open threes.
  14. There were a total of 11 free throws taken in the game, and 12 fouls total -- 6 on each team. That's good officiating! All of those FTs were made. 9 by the good guys. 2 by them other guys.
  15. So now Newton has a triple, triple double? I'm calling it now... He'll have another before he's done.
  16. Hassan had the best game of his UConn tenure.
  17. Another game, another win. :)
Very well written.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I wonder if, once he knew he had the points and assists virtually locked up, he went out and hunted rebounds. I know he's motivated by that sort of thing and takes pride in those accomplishments that showcase his well-rounded game that is seriously underheralded, but he manages to do it within the team concept.
When the first half ended and he was in double figures with 8 assists, I texted my sister, "He only needs 6 rebounds this half," because after the Indiana game, I'd told her he's on a triple-double watch list. And it's not like 6 rebounds isn't a hefty number.

I'd like him to have goal number for getting to the FT line each game, but that's just me.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I had to explain the significance of the triple double to my family who attended - I was like stand up and start clapping I will explain in a minute but you gotta get up!

I didn’t love some of Cam’s drives at the beginning where he could have team balled a bit more but otoh glad he can do that.

DC had 17? Wow, I missed that. Loved his 3/3 at the line.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I really liked how Jaylin Stort (as John Fanta called him) looked. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a bigger impact in league play as he continues to settle in.

Reaction Score
The slow start was because we were barely running plays and just force feeding Clingan the ball. I think that was the right move to help build some confidence now that he’s feeling better after a pretty quiet offensive stretch in MSG. He looked clunky early, but pretty smooth by the end

Once he went to the bench, we started running our real offense and ran them out of the gym

I expect something similar against New Hampshire. These are great games to get him some reps

Reaction Score
The slow start was because we were barely running plays and just force feeding Clingan the ball. I think that was the right move to help build some confidence now that he’s feeling better after a pretty quiet offensive stretch in MSG. He looked clunky early, but pretty smooth by the end

Once he went to the bench, we started running our real offense and ran them out of the gym

I expect something similar against New Hampshire. These are great games to get him some reps
Coaching staff Rx for Clingan: Forcefeed high volume of offensive op's. Looked the like the first course of medicine worked pretty well.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Coaching staff Rx for Clingan: Forcefeed high volume of offensive op's. Looked the like the first course of medicine worked pretty well.
I felt like they could have done that with both bigs pretty much any time we wanted to. But it wouldn't get the rest of the team enough scoring opportunities.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dan was disappointed in the crowd after Samson's steal and dunk. After waving for more rabid applause, he punched the table and it looked like he hurt his hand.

Reaction Score
I really liked how Jaylin Stort (as John Fanta called him) looked. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a bigger impact in league play as he continues to settle in.
He is physically ver strong, just needs the reps

Reactions: caw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom