Jasper Howard… | The Boneyard

Jasper Howard…

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Wish there was a reply emoji that was just tears and snots. Still destroys me after 13 years. Still feels like I lost one of my own kids. Great tribute to a talented young man whose death was just so senseless. I'll never change my avatar.

Reaction Score
I remember that night/morning like it was yesterday. I walked home from a party in carriage, all the way back to Alumni. Nothing exciting happening at the union on my walk home. My roommate and hallmates walked home about an hour later. They witnessed the incident outside of the union as it was happening. They said they saw two guys chasing another, and a guy laying on the sidewalk surrounded by several people. None of my friends knew exactly what was happening until the next day when we heard the news. They were in utter disbelief when they realized it was Jazz they saw laying on the sidewalk, and even more shocked at the circumstances that put him there. The student body gathered behind the student union (not sure exactly which night it was, maybe a Tuesday or Wednesday) for a vigil and listen to coach Edsall speak. I’m still blown away by how close the school came together during that time. I’ll never forget it

Reaction Score
Jasper Howard, when I heard about it, shook me up. Gone to soon, I wonder what our history would be if he wasn't killed.

Reaction Score
A book needs to be written about the team’s effort to win a game for their fallen teammate. The heartbreaking last minutes losses to WVU and Rutgers, the unreal effort at a highly ranked Cincy falling short on national prime time ABC, and then finally the gritty OT win in front of Touchdown Jesus.

Reaction Score

I will never forget pulling into a gas station convenience store on the way into Morgantown, and then seeing a number of coeds with Jazz’s number on their faces. And not really seeing the opening kickoff returned for a TD because I was still wiping away tears from the opening. What a game it was that day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom