January Non UCONN Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

January Non UCONN Recruiting Thread

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Sa’Myah Smith drops her top 5

Tennessee, Arizona, Texas Tech, Kentucky, Baylor.

Reaction Score
RE: Kailyn Gilbert:

Arizona? Is she from out that way originally?
The consensus had her going to Bama . This was out of left field , but congrats Adia Keep Building !

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Interesting that all her finalists are coached by female head coaches . . .

and TN in the poll position. Usually, these lists are alphabetical order.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
and TN in the poll position. Usually, these lists are alphabetical order.
She's been all Baylor on social media for months; so, I still expect her to land there. Arizona is probably the greatest threat, IMO.

Sa'Myah including Texas Tech and Kentucky among her finalists could be directly related to a DeSoto teammate being currently verbally committed to each of those schools for 2022.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

200.gif

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Definitely. Who are your guys top ‘22 targets?
Janiah Barker, Ayanna Patterson, Maya Nnaji, Ashlyn Watkins, Talaysia Cooper, Lazaria Spearman. There are others I’m sure, but these are players I know SC is looking at.

We desperately need a bigger forward in ‘22. Likely won’t take more than 1 guard.. we’re waiting for Fulwiley. I’m not ready to make a guess on who we get. ‘21 was easy but this class I’m completely clueless on.

Reaction Score
Janiah Barker, Ayanna Patterson, Maya Nnaji, Ashlyn Watkins, Talaysia Cooper, Lazaria Spearman. There are others I’m sure, but these are players I know SC is looking at.

We desperately need a bigger forward in ‘22. Likely won’t take more than 1 guard.. we’re waiting for Fulwiley. I’m not ready to make a guess on who we get. ‘21 was easy but this class I’m completely clueless on.
Those were the names I had heard. Always interesting to see how the class following a #1 class looks.

FWIW, it seems like there is no longer mutual interest between Spearman and South Carolina: Lazaria Spearman looking to finalize her top 3 schools

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Those were the names I had heard. Always interesting to see how the class following a #1 class looks.

FWIW, it seems like there is no longer mutual interest between Spearman and South Carolina: Lazaria Spearman looking to finalize her top 3 schools
Interesting. Must mean SC feels good about either Watkins or Nnaji. Or maybe both.

Yeah, I’m not expecting another monster class.. but who knows, since SC will have room to breathe.. 22’ will be freshmen when our ‘19 class will be seniors, a lot of playing time opens the following year. ‘21 can’t stay on the floor the entire game... and we have no post player after Boston. We need a post in ‘22.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think you may have the classes mixed up?

Watkins and Cooper are in '22.

Fulwiley is '23.

If not, is there reason to believe Watkins won't be the big forward in the '22 class?

Reaction Score

Fulwiley is '23.

If not, is there reason to believe Watkins won't be the big forward in the '22 class?
Biggest reason is that she hasn't committed.

I have no reservation about Watkins' defense and rebounding. She could post up against anybody defensively. I DO have reservations about her offense.

Naji is almost the reverse. I love her offensive footwork. Her raw athleticism doen't match Watkins.

Love Cooper as maybe the best all-round player available. She can do it all, but post.

Would love to have those three. Throw in a Barker or Patterson as the cherry on top and then focus on Fulwilley (23) and Joyce Edwards (24).

I cannot criticize Dawn's recruiting; however, I would love to see a pure shooter recruited.

Reaction Score
espnW #18 Kailyn Gilbert, a 5-8 PG out of Florida, commits to Arizona over Georgia, Mississippi State, Louisville, and others.

This gal has excellent talent.

Everybody should watch her in this game against Janiah Barker's team. Only fault is she plays a bit out of control at times but her team was a big underdog in this game and you can understand her giving everything.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This gal has excellent talent.

Everybody should watch her in this game against Janiah Barker's team. Only fault is she plays a bit out of control at times but her team was a big underdog in this game and you can understand her giving everything.
She going to be like a clone of McDonald at Arizona.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Fulwiley is '23.

I know Fulwiley is ‘23. I listed her to emphasize why we likely won’t take more than 1 guard in ‘22. You want room for a player like her.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom