January Non UCONN Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

January Non UCONN Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
Janiah Barker, Ayanna Patterson, Maya Nnaji, Ashlyn Watkins, Talaysia Cooper, Lazaria Spearman. There are others I’m sure, but these are players I know SC is looking at.

We desperately need a bigger forward in ‘22. Likely won’t take more than 1 guard.. we’re waiting for Fulwiley. I’m not ready to make a guess on who we get. ‘21 was easy but this class I’m completely clueless on.
Is this close to the plan? She has offered Forwards Ashlynn Waktins, Njaii and Patterson. I feel like Spearman might be a fall back option if Watkins or Patterson go elsewhere. Keep in mind that Feagin will be on the roster this fall 2021..so that's a 6ft 4 forward which is in line with your thinking of 1 forward in 22;albeit I dont think she turns down Patterson if she wants to come. . Copper is definitely a take but she me see the guard depth with Rivers and Russell and opt to go elsewhere. You mentined Fulwiley in 23 but the other big get would be Aalyah Del Rosario-6ft 5 post out of Trenton , NJ. In addition-there is a sleeper Kid in Florida named Emma Resich (sp?) who has an offer in 23.

Reaction Score
Biggest reason is that she hasn't committed.

I have no reservation about Watkins' defense and rebounding. She could post up against anybody defensively. I DO have reservations about her offense.

Naji is almost the reverse. I love her offensive footwork. Her raw athleticism doen't match Watkins.

Love Cooper as maybe the best all-round player available. She can do it all, but post.

Would love to have those three. Throw in a Barker or Patterson as the cherry on top and then focus on Fulwilley (23) and Joyce Edwards (24).

I cannot criticize Dawn's recruiting; however, I would love to see a pure shooter recruited.
You should look at her runs this summer with FBC United AAU basketball. Offense will not be an issue since she will be able to face up IMO.

Reaction Score
Is this close to the plan? She has offered Forwards Ashlynn Waktins, Njaii and Patterson. I feel like Spearman might be a fall back option if Watkins or Patterson go elsewhere. Keep in mind that Feagin will be on the roster this fall 2021..so that's a 6ft 4 forward which is in line with your thinking of 1 forward in 22;albeit I dont think she turns down Patterson if she wants to come. . Copper is definitely a take but she me see the guard depth with Rivers and Russell and opt to go elsewhere. You mentined Fulwiley in 23 but the other big get would be Aalyah Del Rosario-6ft 5 post out of Trenton , NJ. In addition-there is a sleeper Kid in Florida named Emma Resich (sp?) who has an offer in 23.
Dawn has also offered a Malaya Mason from Irmo in the 23 class. I know nothing about her.

We and everybody else have probably offered '22 Janiah Barker. Nobody in her camp has revealed any offers. We are at least interested in a big 6-5 Kayla Oldacre. She's ranked in the 40ish range by Hoopgurlz. Her camp is also not revealing any offers, but she did visit us in early March 2020. Big body, fills the lane and blocks a lot of shots. Here offensive game needs some word but 6-5 is hard to teach.

I have no idea what the plan is. Dawn doesn't reveal that.

EDIT: Kayla Oldacre is #17 in Hoopgurlz. She is a big aircraft carrier type. True post.

1611928747896.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dawn has also offered a Malaya Mason from Irmo in the 23 class. I know nothing about her.

We and everybody else have probably offered '22 Janiah Barker. Nobody in her camp has revealed any offers. We are at least interested in a big 6-5 Kayla Oldacre. She's ranked in the 40ish range by Hoopgurlz. Her camp is also not revealing any offers, but she did visit us in early March 2020. Big body, fills the lane and blocks a lot of shots. Here offensive game needs some word but 6-5 is hard to teach.

I have no idea what the plan is. Dawn doesn't reveal that.

EDIT: Kayla Oldacre is #17 in Hoopgurlz. She is a big aircraft carrier type. True post.

Watkins is more than sufficient for the next class, IMO. I saw someone suggest she's only 6'1 and that's not accurate. Also definitely not a wing.

I don't think there is any real urgency towards replacing Boston in this class.

If Amihere were to transfer then things might be a little different.

Mason is a guard who was supposedly offered a year (maybe two now) ago.

I haven't seen much about her since and I do not think she's quite to the level of the rest.

Reaction Score
Spearman's announcement was a bit of a surprise. She had a final three list since mid-2019 of Louisville,Miami and South Carolina but recently said that South Carolina was no longer of interest to her and that she was working on a "new" final three list.

Reaction Score
Watkins is more than sufficient for the next class, IMO. I saw someone suggest she's only 6'1 and that's not accurate. Also definitely not a wing.

I don't think there is any real urgency towards replacing Boston in this class.

If Amihere were to transfer then things might be a little different.

Mason is a guard who was supposedly offered a year (maybe two now) ago.

I haven't seen much about her since and I do not think she's quite to the level of the rest.

Could this be a possibility? This caught me off guard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom