January 2nd (Open Date) | The Boneyard

January 2nd (Open Date)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know we have been focusing on the 27th, but the date I am looking at now is a Saturday game (January 2nd). The rest of the BE is playing that day, and we happen to be the team with the "bye" that Saturday. Just bad timing in the schedule. So we have almost another a week between in the 30th game at home with DePaul and a road game at Marquette on the 5th.

While it would be simply a buy game, Sacred Heart is off until January 7th. They are #332 in KenPom, with a 2-3 record. It won't be a sexy matchup like Michigan, but right now we need games under our belt. Being an in state game, travel wouldn't be an issue for our opponent.

They had discussed playing before the season.

UConn and Sacred Heart went through the COVID shutdown essentially at the same time. At UConn, where the Huskies resume practice Thursday, the players could work in groups of two with one ball per group, on opposite ends of the floor.

“Tom Moore is a good friend; we called them,” Latina said. “I asked them what they were thinking and doing and I told them what we had in mind. They obviously have a private facility (Werth Center), have a little more ability to do some things.”

There was, Latina said, a game set to meet UConn on Dec. 9. When the Big East adjusted its December schedule, UConn couldn’t make that date work. Sacred Heart was unable to find another spot.

“The schedule is so crazy, who knows, we may end up playing anyway,” Latina said. “They get canceled. We get canceled. It’s local. It’s always a great opportunity for us.”

Reaction Score
We play 3 games in the Midwest Jan 5 thru Jan 11 so guessing the team will travel out on Jan 3 (depending on the weather) so could play on the 2nd in CT but no upside really to play non conference games unless P6 at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We play in the Midwest for a week starting Jan 5 so guessing team will travel on Jan 3 depending on the weather so could play the 2nd but no upside really to play non conference games unless P5 at this point.
i hear there's a pretty good basketball conference based in the midwest

Reaction Score
i hear there's a pretty good basketball conference based in the midwest
They all have games 1/2 or 1/3 except Maryland and Indiana who play 1/4. Maryland also plays 12/31 and Indiana 12/30 so maybe Indiana is an option

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We won’t be playing anyone but Big East opponents from here on out.
Yea that’s what Hurley signaled the other day in the presser. Let’s pray that USC does well in conference.

Reaction Score
Yea that’s what Hurley signaled the other day in the presser. Let’s pray that USC does well in conference.
This also helps to point out what a missed opportunity that Creighton game was. Win that game and UConn has a a really good win on the resume. With the way the season is going there might not be as many opportunities for good wins as originally planned.

Last edited:

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
They all have games 1/2 or 1/3 except Maryland and Indiana who play 1/4. Maryland also plays 12/31 and Indiana 12/30 so maybe Indiana is an option

No chance it’ll happen but Indiana would be such a cool matchup. Revenge for MSG last year, a little jab at Coach Hunter...and an opportunity to beat one of the Miller bros, which is always fantastic. I bet Bouknight would be drooling for another go at the Hoosiers.

Reaction Score
My guess is they don’t risk delaying or missing a bunch of their Big East schedule for an OOC opponent like happened to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom