OT - Janay Rice sticks by her man | The Boneyard

OT - Janay Rice sticks by her man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
(CNN) -- Janay Rice, wife of suspended NFL player Ray Rice who was released by the Baltimore Ravens, apparently posted a statement Tuesday on Instagram calling the situation a "nightmare."

"To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass off for all his life just to gain ratings is a horrific (sic)," she wrote.

Reaction Score
It's terrible what happened to Janay Rice but with all respect to her, this situation is bigger than her or her family. It's important for the media to give this issue the airtime it deserves so that domestic violence might be prevented from happening to other women going forward.

Reaction Score
I think her loyalty may be swayed by the lifestyle they live unfortunately..... I hate to say that but how else can you explain staying with this POS? Seriously, all trust has to be shot at this point, I'm not sure how a relationship can recover from this level of public humiliation. I wonder if her loyalty tune changes in a year or two when they pay checks are no longer there..... I hope someone helps her navigate through this mind boggle !!!!

Reaction Score
$10 million reasons why she is upset with the media who she blames!

Reaction Score
I think her loyalty may be swayed by the lifestyle they live unfortunately..... I hate to say that but how else can you explain staying with this POS? Seriously, all trust has to be shot at this point, I'm not sure how a relationship can recover from this level of public humiliation. I wonder if her loyalty tune changes in a year or two when they pay checks are no longer there..... I hope someone helps her navigate through this mind boggle !!!!

Gave her a car as a graduation present from college. He has all the power in the relationship and when you've bought and paid for something I guess you get to do what you want with it mentality might apply.

http://fabwags.com/janay-palmer-ray-rices-girlfriend-fiancee/

Bonehead

Reaction Score
More power possibly - daughters name is 'Rayven'.

Reaction Score
this chick is cray cray. Or she's in it for the money. Who knows what their home life is like. This instance just happened to be caught on camera.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
More from Janay -

"No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family," Janay Rice wrote. "To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing."

She added in the Instagram post: "THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get."

Reaction Score
She's probably embarrassed she's a victim of domestic abuse and the video is all over the internet. ESPN and the media are all over this.

Reaction Score

Many victims of abuse stay with their abusers and it has little to do with lifestyle. Often, the victims fear for their lives or for the consequences of leaving. Or they have become convinced that they are unlovable or that nobody else would ever want them -- they often feel they have somehow deserved the abuse, and it keeps them from moving on. Abuse is a very complex issue, and I would be wary of assuming she's just a gold digger.

Reaction Score
I'm glad that Goodell & the NFL has taken this stand. It's way past time to clean up the mentality fostered by gangsta rap. Those "guns & ho's" lyrics have taken a grave toll in our society. Too many young kids actually believe those lyrics. I taught my "little princess" a long time ago to have great self respect & not associate with those who would demean her because of her gender. And, NEVER tolerate domestic violence in any form.
I'm not a Patriots fan by any means, but Myra Kraft was a heroine to me the day that she told Bob that she wouldn't tolerate that player that he drafted & forced him to cut him. It was a sad day when the Giants later picked him up.

End of rant

Reaction Score
You see this reaction from poor and rich spouses alike.

Yes, and some previously poor spouses who later become rich spouses, battered, and eventually rich divorcees. Spousal abuse, sad regardless of the economics.

Reaction Score
Many victims of abuse stay with their abusers and it has little to do with lifestyle. Often, the victims fear for their lives or for the consequences of leaving. Or they have become convinced that they are unlovable or that nobody else would ever want them -- they often feel they have somehow deserved the abuse, and it keeps them from moving on. Abuse is a very complex issue, and I would be wary of assuming she's just a gold digger.

I agree with your points. I never said she is a gold digger but I feel that it could be possible she feels she can't make it on her own without her husband there to finance everything. Leaving a tough relationship cannot be easy but if that was my daughter, the LAST thing Rice would be worrying about is his indefinite NFL suspension!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm glad that Goodell & the NFL has taken this stand. It's way past time to clean up the mentality fostered by gangsta rap. Those "guns & ho's" lyrics have taken a grave toll in our society. Too many young kids actually believe those lyrics. I taught my "little princess" a long time ago to have great self respect & not associate with those who would demean her because of her gender. And, NEVER tolerate domestic violence in any form.
I'm not a Patriots fan by any means, but Myra Kraft was a heroine to me the day that she told Bob that she wouldn't tolerate that player that he drafted & forced him to cut him. It was a sad day when the Giants later picked him up.

End of rant

Just make sure she doesn't end up a UCONN sports reporter so you don't have to listen to all of the comments that the BYers will make about her.

Reaction Score
Just make sure she doesn't end up a UCONN sports reporter so you don't have to listen to all of the comments that the BYers will make about her.

Sorry Mr. Wachter, but your daughter looked great in those white pants on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Nice to know all of you have the right answers and the correct life analysis.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Janay post

"I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I'm mourning the death of my closest friend," she wrote in an Instagram post. "But to have to accept the fact that it's reality is a nightmare itself. No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted [opinions] from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret everyday is a horrible thing.
"To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass off for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific. THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don't you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you've succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom