James Wiseman Leaves Memphis | The Boneyard

James Wiseman Leaves Memphis

Reaction Score
Memphis will still be good, and they're improving every game. Will still be a good game at XL for sure, and we'll need to win that for a nice resume builder. I imagine some players are probably pissed, and I did want to see him play in person, but am glad that he won't be working us down low now.

Reaction Score
Sucks for them, the fans and conference but there was no guarantee Memphis would be eligible for the NCAA tournament this year.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
It’s obviously simply more to the story... Penny will bail for an NBA job at first chance...imo, thumbs up to Wiseman for cutting the bs and getting onto the bag.

Reaction Score
1. Will the NBA stop making players who are ready wait a year before they can sign? And stop making colleges deal with this insanity?

2. Well, anyone who didn't think the AAC was up for grabs was wrong. We (now) have the talent to compete if we can stop having to choose between too many turnovers and controlling the turnovers by having the initial dribbler just force up an early shot.

Reaction Score
Great news for Josh Carlton. That was a nightmare matchup for him.
Actually Josh has been playing pretty good against big competition this year. For some reason he sucks this year against the lesser schools. I think Josh would have gotten up to play well against Wiseman this year. Too bad he won't have the chance. This one year rule is a joke. Just let these kids who have no interest in college basketball go straight to the NBA.

Reaction Score
He has, I just meant its a tough matchup because he has the ability to bring josh way out of the paint and still be a threat.

Reaction Score
1. Will the NBA stop making players who are ready wait a year before they can sign? And stop making colleges deal with this insanity?

The real move is to cancel all college athletics and go to the professional developmental program model. I think the only college sports teams are in the US and maybe English rugby. I look forward to the day.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
His punishment wasn’t bad at all considering that he was essentially bought by Penny and didn’t even miss half of a season.

Weidman could have been handed a bag of cash by Calipari on national television and played the whole season at Kentucky, and there wouldn't even have been an investigation.

The ONLY reason Weisman got hassled was because he didn't go to a major program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Memphis will still be good, and they're improving every game. Will still be a good game at XL for sure, and we'll need to win that for a nice resume builder. I imagine some players are probably pissed, and I did want to see him play in person, but am glad that he won't be working us down low now.

i did not want to see him absolutely abuse Carlton on national TV.

Reaction Score
The real move is to cancel all college athletics and go to the professional developmental program model. I think the only college sports teams are in the US and maybe English rugby. I look forward to the day.

Why cancel college athletics? Whose interests does that serve? I have a letter from a Division 3 NCAA institution -- others shouldn't get that chance?

Reaction Score
Either already bombed his first final or just doesn’t wanna take them.

Here's another theory -- did he give the money back yet? If not, maybe he and his family just decided they wouldn't do it. And if that's the case, wouldn't Memphis have to forfeit the games he played since without the reimbursement he was ineligible?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Actually Josh has been playing pretty good against big competition this year. For some reason he sucks this year against the lesser schools. I think Josh would have gotten up to play well against Wiseman this year. Too bad he won't have the chance. This one year rule is a joke. Just let these kids who have no interest in college basketball go straight to the NBA.

Josh's skill set is the direct opposite of Wiseman. He's an awful matchup. Wiseman would have killed him on the perimeter. Doesn't matter how hard Josh tries, Wiseman would have been too athletic.

Reaction Score
Why cancel college athletics? Whose interests does that serve? I have a letter from a Division 3 NCAA institution -- others shouldn't get that chance?

No. Club teams are fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom