James Breeding | The Boneyard

James Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This man needs to be fired or at the very least removed from his Big East Tournament assignment. It's not obvious that he will hold a grudge against Hurley and we should protest every single game that he gets assigned to us. He's lucky we won...

happy gilmore GIF

Reaction Score
He gave us the game late. That tie up and then the charge call. He is terrible at his job and holds a grudge.
Yeah I agree, I don't know about that charge call. I bet most of the time that's called a defensive foul. But I will take it! And they actually called Gillespie for pushing off twice. Twice!

caw

Reaction Score
Take out the techs and I didn't think the game was that bad by the refs.

Reaction Score
Take out the techs and I didn't think the game was that bad by the refs.
I thought Hurley was right to get mad. You have Nova hacking Martin on a shot and the refs called a ticky tack fouled on Martin playing defense.

It wasn't horribly officiated by Villanova got to the line 19 times, while UConn got to it 9

Reaction Score
He gave us the game late. That tie up and then the charge call. He is terrible at his job and holds a grudge.
Well you're nothing if not consistent... although usually you only show up after losses so didn't expect to see you here

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree, I don't know about that charge call. I bet most of the time that's called a defensive foul. But I will take it! And they actually called Gillespie for pushing off twice. Twice!
That's definitely not a blocking foul unless the ref really screws the pooch. Cole was set for quite a long time and did not initiate contact. There's definitely an argument that it could have been a no-call, but the call was correct based on the rules.

Reaction Score
Well you're nothing if not consistent... although usually you only show up after losses so didn't expect to see you here
You must have missed my post saying the Seton Hall game was a great building block for us and Hurley coached a great game.

Reaction Score
That's definitely not a blocking foul unless the ref really screws the pooch. Cole was set for quite a long time and did not initiate contact. There's definitely an argument that it could have been a no-call, but the call was correct based on the rules.

And if it's a no call, the ball went out of bounds off Gillespie, so the result is the same.

Reaction Score
Not a fan of the refs tonight either, but it seemed like 'intent' was a big part of when the blew the whistle.

What I mean is that on the last Gillespie drive, it looked like he was looking for contact instead of making a play and was going to make the ref blow the whistle. There were a few plays where fouls could have been called but it looked like players were looking for calls more than to finish a play.

What kills me is the inconistency through games. And the few moments where they called it tight the chippiness between the players was largely a fault of the refs themselves for the Hurley debacle and the way they blew that. Before that, the teams were just playing hard.

I did like that Young and Wright both wouldn't let their teams go down that path where the game could have become real ugly.

Reaction Score
Apparently Val Ackerman was at the game tonight. Will be interesting to hear what the league says about tonight's officiating, if anything.

Reaction Score
And if it's a no call, the ball went out of bounds off Gillespie, so the result is the same.
Yeah, it feels bizarre that Nova fans are globbing on to this one so hard for that reason. Best case scenario, it's a no-call and still UConn ball, just with one less foul on Gillespie, which didn't impact anything.

Reaction Score
Apparently Val Ackerman was at the game tonight. Will be interesting to hear what the league says about tonight's officiating, if anything.
They will not say anything publicly. My guess is something will be said privately to Breeding but I doubt it will be anything meaningful.

Reaction Score
On the replay, it looked a little like Cole had his feet set but swayed his upper body/arm and that was where contact was. It looked like a charge at first in real time, though, which is all that counts. Gillespie was losing control or stumbling a bit just before too. Nothing blatant and best that refs not reward Gillespie on at best an iffy play.

Reaction Score
Let's not pull a UK fanbase and start threatening this guy or his family, please. That had happened to refs and it's ridiculous.

Call or email the league and make a legit complaint. Every fan with free time this week should.

Reaction Score
Breeding at minimum should get a fine or suspension for that bush league call. You can’t make that 2nd T call in the marquee game for the league. When refs try to show up coaches it’s a bad look for the league and he needs to be reprimanded. I’ve been a fan since the 1980’s and that 2nd technical was the single worst call I’ve ever seen in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom