James Akinjo | The Boneyard

James Akinjo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_6950.JPG

Went last night to watch Akinjo play as they took on Albany. Totally outclassed and Akinjo played well. Can really handle the ball, distribute, has a pretty good outside shot, plays tough defense, and looks like a natural leader.

The best moment of the night was when Salesian put their senior team manager on the floor for the 4th (they were up 34 points) and he ended up scoring a bucket and the crowd went wild.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good for him. He’s going to be a very good college player, but probably not as a freshman as he will need to adjust to the length of defenders, specifically shot blockers. But he will def end up being an all conference player in the big east.

Reaction Score
I wonder in a couple of years if Akinjo will be better that Alterique Gilbert, if Gilbert stays healthy. Who do you think will end up being a better player Akinjo or Gilbert. I am just curious because they seem like similar players.

Reaction Score
I wonder in a couple of years if Akinjo will be better that Alterique Gilbert, if Gilbert stays healthy. Who do you think will end up being a better player Akinjo or Gilbert. I am just curious because they seem like similar players.

That's a tough one because it is based on if Gilbert can stay healthy.

I've never seen either in person but from watching tape and assuming Gilbert can stay healthy I would say Gilbert because he has the raw talent and what appears the attitude to be a good guard....but that is off of limited data and that he will stay healthy.

pj

Reaction Score

I would guess Akinjo because the shooting will be better without the shoulder injuries. But, they'll both be good.

Reaction Score

If Gilbert can stay injury free for the next few years, Gilbert easily. It's been forgotten how good he is.

Reaction Score

Gilbert. Akinjo is nice but Gilbert has more talent and a gigantic chip on his oft injured shoulder.

Reaction Score
If Gilbert can stay injury free for the next few years, Gilbert easily. It's been forgotten how good he is.
I agree. He’s severely underrated around these parts

C

Chief00

Akinjo is Blaze Certified.

Gilbert, I personally like to have on the team - a great kid. I hope his shoulder stabilizes and strengthens, so that he can take the shots necessary to improve his shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom