James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown

Reaction Score
Whoah. 3 losses already for the Hoyas, season could go downhill quickly.

Reaction Score
Some chatter that he was booted off the team.
Leblanc has left the team, too.

Reaction Score
In the middle of the season? Wow. Should’ve just stuck with Hurley

Reaction Score
I don't know. Would it piss off Jackson to be recruited over?
Jackson? Jackson is a wing. Akinjo is a PG. I’d bring him in, have him sit all next season. He can be our Guard for 2021. Unless there are better options out there. That’s a call for Danny to make. But why he’s transferring matters here. We don’t need any problems or reclamation projects in this program right now

Reaction Score
Leblanc may be worth looking into too. He’s a athletic hustle guy. I’m not sure he’s worth it, but I’m sure Coach Hurley will do his due diligence

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Jackson? Jackson is a wing. Akinjo is a PG. I’d bring him in, have him sit all next season. He can be our Guard for 2021. Unless there are better options out there. That’s a call for Danny to make. But why he’s transferring matters here. We don’t need any problems or reclamation projects in this program right now
Got it. That makes sense. I was thinking he was a PG since there was so much talk about his lack of jump shot.

Reaction Score
With no knowledge of the situation, Akinjo would fit an immediate need as a play making ball handler.

Depth, and more importantly skill, would be insane next year:

G: Cole, Bouk, Adams, Gaff, Akinjo (available 2nd half of season?)

F: Akok, Jackson, Sid, Polley, Springs, Whaley

C: Javonte Brown Ferguson, Carlton

(of course assuming everyone returns)

Reaction Score
Remember, we are going to the Big East next year. There is no way Georgetown is letting either of these guys play in the BE.
Well we’re technically not in the Big East until the July or August 2020 so he could definitely commit before then and there would be nothing Georgetown could do about it. Especially since he is no longer on the team

Reaction Score
Remember, we are going to the Big East next year. There is no way Georgetown is letting either of these guys play in the BE.
Not interested in transfers but are we considered in the Big East for transfer purposes yet?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom