James Akinjo and Emmitt Mathews | The Boneyard

James Akinjo and Emmitt Mathews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Make no mistake, Matthews and Akinjo are aware of the NCAA’s inquiry into the program.

“We talked about the investigation,” said Alwert. “We’ve been told that nothing’s gonna happen on that. (Matthews) is a kid that’s faithful and loyal to the decision he makes.”

I sure hope this is right and found out soon.

Reaction Score
“We talked about the investigation,” said Alwert. “We’ve been told that nothing’s gonna happen on that. (Matthews) is a kid that’s faithful and loyal to the decision he makes.”

That's somewhat of a relief, if true.

Hope Ollie is back next year as a last chance to right the ship with a more complete and talent depth roster

Reaction Score
I think Jalen needs to come back if we want to be good next year. The roster will be deeper and more well rounded but we need a leader and hopefully he’ll come back and be that guy.
To pass the baton. To rique and JAII

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I think Jalen needs to come back if we want to be good next year. The roster will be deeper and more well rounded but we need a leader and hopefully he’ll come back and be that guy.
if Jalen doesn't come back next year I don't see how it is not a rebuilding year. He needs to come back to improve his draft stock and for the team to reach their potential

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
“A lot of people are counting UConn out already,” he said. “My whole life I’ve been counted out.” (Akinjo)

None of it seems to faze their dedication to UConn. Look no further than how both players refer to the program as “we.”

We have a lot of transfers, it’s kind of hard to work with a lot of transfers,” Matthews said. “Next year, we’ll have a clean start, almost a reset of the culture, and get back to being a powerhouse.”

Added Akinjo: “We’ve got some really good players. Sid (Wilson) is coming back, Alterique (Gilbert), we’ve got good freshmen coming in. I think I can come in and help them right away. Not try to come in and be anyone else, just do what I do.”

Reaction Score
“A lot of people are counting UConn out already,” he said. “My whole life I’ve been counted out.” (Akinjo)

None of it seems to faze their dedication to UConn. Look no further than how both players refer to the program as “we.”

We have a lot of transfers, it’s kind of hard to work with a lot of transfers,” Matthews said. “Next year, we’ll have a clean start, almost a reset of the culture, and get back to being a powerhouse.”

Added Akinjo: “We’ve got some really good players. Sid (Wilson) is coming back, Alterique (Gilbert), we’ve got good freshmen coming in. I think I can come in and help them right away. Not try to come in and be anyone else, just do what I do.”

All the more reason to keep KO for next year

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

If Jalen comes back, UCONN will def be more talented next year. But that's starting from a very low floor.

There's a minimum 4 incoming guys who'll get immediate minutes, counting Gilbert.

Last edited:

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
We need a group of junkyard dogs in a bad, bad way. Back to the wall, haymaker throwin dudes.

Reaction Score
Three big ifs

If JA comes back
If AG comes back healthy
If teh current young bigs IMPROVE from year to year

Then you bring in this young hungry recruiting class and it could be fun to watch.....but you need all 3 of those IF's to hit jackpot.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
“Next year, we’ll have a clean start, almost a reset of the culture, and get back to being a powerhouse.
I like that he said "clean start". Because in order to reset the culture KO has to go. Sounds like he's cool with that.

Promising

Reaction Score
A four and a three star recruit are reason to keep KO. With this kind of thinking he is unfireable.

This place really is crazy town.
Akinjo is not just any four star recruit... he is up for California's gatorade player of the year (out of 8 players) and is largely considered to have been snubbed for a spot the McDonalds All American game. He is widely known to be underrated, and eager to prove himself.

Reaction Score
Sounds more like the latter from all I've read.
Actually, Matthews states that he loves uconn and is committed no matter who the coach is. Akinjo, however, is a different story. I don't see him coming here if KO is gone.

Reaction Score
Akinjo is not just any four star recruit... he is up for California's gatorade player of the year (out of 8 players) and is largely considered to have been snubbed for a spot the McDonalds All American game. He is widely known to be underrated, and eager to prove himself.
Largely considered to be snubbed for the McD's game. You're talking out of your arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom