Jamelle Elliott | The Boneyard

Jamelle Elliott

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Mmm, it’s a conference relevance award, not a program relevance award. USF is/was clearly the #2 program, is nationally ranked and beat a top 15 program this year. Jamelle did not. She had a very good, if not great year for Cincinnati but not as good as USF or UCF. I hope she’s maintains this for her and the programs sake as that would be awesome!

Reaction Score
Her team was completely undisciplined throwing up wild shot after wild shot tonight.

Reaction Score
Mmm, it’s a conference relevance award, not a program relevance award. USF is/was clearly the #2 program, is nationally ranked and beat a top 15 program this year. Jamelle did not. She had a very good, if not great year for Cincinnati but not as good as USF or UCF. I hope she’s maintains this for her and the programs sake as that would be awesome!
I don't get you. By your logic, Geno had the best year, so he should win the award. Jamelle did more with less than Jose. A good case can be made that she should win the award.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't get you. By your logic, Geno had the best year, so he should win the award. Jamelle did more with less than Jose. A good case can be made that she should win the award.
No, not at all. I was explaining what I thought was the other coaches logic. My vote would have been Coach Abe. I get why Jose over Geno as THIS YEAR UConn is loaded, last year was completely unknown for UConn and is why he won last year. This Jose had his team play well in their OOC and is ranked on top 20 bring the conference more esteem. As I noted, Jamelle did a great job, one a long time coming, now sustain it.

Reaction Score
No, not at all. I was explaining what I thought was the other coaches logic. My vote would have been Coach Abe. I get why Jose over Geno as THIS YEAR UConn is loaded, last year was completely unknown for UConn and is why he won last year. This Jose had his team play well in their OOC and is ranked on top 20 bring the conference more esteem. As I noted, Jamelle did a great job, one a long time coming, now sustain it.
OK. I agree with you. I think UCF made the most progress. I went to see UConn/UCF this year and last and UCF was much better this year. There were a lot of people unhappy with the way UConn played at the arena and on this board, but I saw it as UCF playing with a lot of discipline, especially defensively. They had a good game plan to keep the game close and make strides against a great program which could only help their own team's confidence.

HGN

Reaction Score
Ladies and Gentlemen , keep in mind that the thread is: Jamelle Elliott. Not the Cincinnati WCBB team. So since the thread is about Jamelle , I will give my thoughts on the coach.

I think that she has done a very fine job with the players she has. The league is getting better and more competitive each year. And to have her team at 19-11.......19-12 after last night,
I think she is a good coach , and a good in game coach and strategist. It would be interesting to see how well she would do if she had a couple of good talented players and some size
on the team.

Reaction Score
Based upon the record as I don't get to see her team play often it surely seems she's done a very good job and moving her team and program along.
What I don't get is how good a job one has done and they get blown out like that last night. It was like a HS team against U Conn which of course is at a whole different level. They were not a bit competitive and I didn't see any adjustments either after timeouts or halftime.
That to me can not be described as good coaching at the end of a whole season and they played U Conn prior.
I know Janelle is an important part of the history and culture here but that was a very poor performance and some of that has to fall on the coach, even without the players or size she hopes for.
Coaches should get some of the credit when their team plays well and is well prepared, but they need to be criticized when their team played like last night.
Bronx23

Reaction Score
And to put this last game in perspective, Cincinnati just came off a brilliant last seconds win in the previous round. Playing a second game the next day, against a relentless Uconn defense they wilted. Even, given their level of talent, had they played well they would have lost by 25 points.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Her team was completely undisciplined throwing up wild shot after wild shot tonight.
The UCONN defense made then look undisciplined. UCONN D can do that to any team just ask Louisville or South Carolina.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom