Jalens scooter case resolved | The Boneyard

Jalens scooter case resolved

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Typical hyper-overreaction from many boneyarders about a garden variety traffic offense. Talk of arrests, surety bonds, court appearances, blah, blah, blah. You'd think Jalen was the second coming of John Dillinger. Much ado about very little. It was a stupid thing to do, but he paid a price for it, hopefully learned a lesson, and he's already moved on.

Reaction Score
Typical hyper-overreaction from many boneyarders about a garden variety traffic offense. Talk of arrests, surety bonds, court appearances, blah, blah, blah. You'd think Jalen was the second coming of John Dillinger. Much ado about very little. It was a stupid thing to do, but he paid a price for it, hopefully learned a lesson, and he's already moved on.

Not sure there was any overreaction. He was arrested, charged with a misdemeanor, which got subbed to an infraction. I see it all the time.

Time to move on from this.

Reaction Score
Not sure there was any overreaction. He was arrested, charged with a misdemeanor, which got subbed to an infraction. I see it all the time.

Time to move on from this.
There wasn't. Typical boneyard revisionist history.

I wonder who all those posters calling for multiple game suspensions are? I think the overwhelming majority said one game was reasonable.

Reaction Score
I thought a game was reasonable, more so to drive home the point of responsibility and what could have happened if he was hurt than the traffic violation.

Kid dumped a scooter...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bottom line: 1) Don't do stupid stuff. 2) Don't leave your busted scooter in the road when you fail to remember rule #1.

Really the bigger deal in my opinion was Jalen putting his season at risk. Dumb. I'm sure Ollie talked to him about that.

Reaction Score
Not sure there was an overreaction. Time to move on from this.
Well, other than some individuals' 15 or so pages of posts. Lesson learned for Jalen, teammates, and indirectly even other athletic department scooterists, and time indeed for all to scoot forward. Go Huskies!

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
When a reporter asked Dillinger why he robbed banks, his response was, "because that's where the money is."
Pretty sure that was Willy Sutton.

Nevertheless it reminds me of a similar basketball quote. Little Spud Webb was asked why he drove the lane so much with all those big guys in there. His reply of course: "Because that's where the basket is."

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Most people don’t get arrested for garden variety traffic offenses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom