Jalen playing tonight | The Boneyard

Jalen playing tonight

Reaction Score
FA3669B6-F22B-4AE3-9692-2FEA078BE0B5.jpeg

Reaction Score
I watched some of it, I thought he looked good when he had the ball in his hands. He was one of the few moving around trying to get open. He made a spectacular pass for an alley-oop. The problem is that the players were not looking for each other and all playing hero ball. Jalen too, it's why he was 5-9. No one came close on those 3 pointers either. They are not used to shooting from a distance.

Poe

Reaction Score
None of these guys were used to shooting from the NBA three point line. All of the shots were coming up short, including several air balls.

Reaction Score
JA didn't get to the line either.

He is a talented guy but he never really improved his craft over four years. Never improved his left hand. Never learned how to draw contact. Talent will only take you so far.

Reaction Score
Do we know why Jalen did not play in the 2nd game of the tournament, I looked at the boxscore and did not see his name.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
JA didn't get to the line either.

He is a talented guy but he never really improved his craft over four years. Never improved his left hand. Never learned how to draw contact. Talent will only take you so far.

Entitled to your opinion - he was asked to do more than any guard in UConn history with less talent surrounding him
Drew lots of contact but as usual for UConn guards - it was seldom called
Was 1st team, 2nd team and 3rd team all aac as well as all freshman 1st team
I can't disagree with left hand
His name is pretty high on a lot of All UConn leaders lists

Reaction Score
Entitled to your opinion - he was asked to do more than any guard in UConn history with less talent surrounding him
Drew lots of contact but as usual for UConn guards - it was seldom called
Was 1st team, 2nd team and 3rd team all aac as well as all freshman 1st team
I can't disagree with left hand
His name is pretty high on a lot of All UConn leaders lists
Jalen is terrible creating contact, he would do everything in the lane/around the rim to not get fouled. It's lame blaming refs not calling fouls on a guy who shied away from contact his whole career. Also Kemba and Bazz sold more foul calls than any players in recent memory, they lived at the line off the jerk the head back move.

Reaction Score
I can't disagree more about Jalen shying away from contact. Jalen is unbelievably gifted at making tough shots and his adjustments away from contact was more about finishing then getting fouled. I'm the first person who wanted him to take more free throws but I'll take a basket anytime versus throwing his body into a defender and hoping for a call.

Reaction Score
Jalen is terrible creating contact, he would do everything in the lane/around the rim to not get fouled. It's lame blaming refs not calling fouls on a guy who shied away from contact his whole career. Also Kemba and Bazz sold more foul calls than any players in recent memory, they lived at the line off the jerk the head back move.

Harden does same thing in NBA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom