Jalen Lecque | The Boneyard

Jalen Lecque

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Hurley was never mentioned watching him this spring/summer, so it would be kind of surprising to see us jump in.

It’s a little surprising we aren’t actively recruiting Lecque (Brewster), Kai Jones (Brewster), or Terrence Shannon (Woodstock Acad).

Reaction Score
head scratching top 7. Zero blue bloods. Has his stock dropped?

Reaction Score
head scratching top 7. Zero blue bloods. Has his stock dropped?

Shot 15.8% from 3 in AAU this year and isn’t a true PG. His stock has definitely fallen more than his ranking shows.

Reaction Score
Shot 15.8% from 3 in AAU this year and isn’t a true PG. His stock has definitely fallen more than his ranking shows.

15.8%? Jeez.

I know 9 year olds that shoot better than that

Reaction Score
Wow--stunning. UCLA and one school about to go on probation, then a whole lot of nothin'.

Reaction Score
He probably wants to be featured from day 1. A lot more likely than the rest of this conjecture.

Reaction Score
He is an athletic freak. If he can get defenses to respect his 3 at least, he’ll be one of the most fun players to watch. Going to Brewster will be good for him.

Reaction Score
It's not debatable.

Whether being a blue blood matters in today's world is an entirely different debate.
It is. You can lose that status(ie Indiana). Duke, UK, KU, and UNC are the only college basketball programs who act and are treated as blue bloods.

I think the bigger question is, what makes you a blue blood.

pj

Reaction Score
It is. You can lose that status(ie Indiana). Duke, UK, KU, and UNC are the only college basketball programs who act and are treated as blue bloods.

ESPN having invested a lot of money in your conference.

Reaction Score
Dude, UCLA is a blue blood.
Dude i disagree. When were they last consistently relevent? Over 20 years ago? I don't even think a UCLA offer moves the needle for recruits now-a-days.

Reaction Score

In the real world, blue blood means you are descended from nobility, or in Americana are descended from old money.

The key concept for the term is the bloodline, the tradition. You cannot lose blue blood status because it relates to the traditional, historical college basketball powers, of which there are 6: Kentucky, UCLA, UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Indiana (5/6 of which happen to have blue jerseys).

If you want to use a term to mean current, important, powerful programs, might I suggest "marquee programs". This relates to something being "on the marquee", or being currently featured in the bright lights. These can change over time.

As I said, whether being a blue blood matters in today's world is an entirely different debate.

Dude i disagree. When were they last consistently relevent? Over 20 years ago?

They made 3 straight final fours 10 years ago.

Reaction Score
Dude i disagree. When were they last consistently relevent? Over 20 years ago? I don't even think a UCLA offer moves the needle for recruits now-a-days.
So because a team has a rough patch that excludes them from being a blue blood? Cuz we’ve had some very rough patches in our history. You don’t just become unqualified after a few years of struggles.

Reaction Score
In the real world, blue blood means you are descended from nobility, or in Americana are descended from old money.

The key concept for the term is the bloodline, the tradition. You cannot lose blue blood status because it relates to the traditional, historical college basketball powers, of which there are 6: Kentucky, UCLA, UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Indiana (5/6 of which happen to have blue jerseys).

If you want to use a term to mean current, important, powerful programs, might I suggest "marquee programs". This relates to something being "on the marquee", or being currently featured in the bright lights. These can change over time.

As I said, whether being a blue blood matters in today's world is an entirely different debate.

They made 3 straight final fours 10 years ago.
Okay that makes sense. Thanks for the breakdown. I always thought it meant the national powers of CBB. Like some years ago when people were debating whether UConn was becoming a blue blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom