Jalen Gaffney | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score

Does anyone have the subscription? Who got the first OV?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
UF clearly in the lead IMO....just a guess really
Things can change though because Florida is thought to be the leader for 5 star PG/Combo guard Tre Mann.

Reaction Score
Scheduling an OV 2 months in advance to a place that it’s expensive to travel to doesn’t prove much to me. It’s a $40 car ride to visit UConn, and a $350 flight to Gainesville. You’re better off visiting distant schools for free. I don’t think we should be counting ourselves out.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Of course, if he waits too long the ship will have sailed with UConn at least with the point guard position.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Scheduling an OV 2 months in advance to a place that it’s expensive to travel to doesn’t prove much to me. It’s a $40 car ride to visit UConn, and a $350 flight to Gainesville. You’re better off visiting distant schools for free. I don’t think we should be counting ourselves out.

This is an underrated point that intlzncster has often tried to explain to the casual fan on here.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Of course, if he waits too long the ship will have sailed with UConn at least with the point guard position.
I hear you but if elite SEC, ACC, B10, B12, PAC10 or even the top NBE teams are in play - where does UConn fall?

Reaction Score
I hear you but if elite SEC, ACC, B10, B12, PAC10 or even the top NBE teams are in play - where does UConn fall?
doomed in twenty minutes is where

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think that it matters to the team as not all teams are equal or on the same playing field. I believe UConn is ahead of most schools not named Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Kansas and a couple of others.

Reaction Score
Things can change though because Florida is thought to be the leader for 5 star PG/Combo guard Tre Mann.

Are they an Adidas school? Why all of a sudden are they making inroads with so many of these great 5 star guys?

Reaction Score
Are they an Adidas school? Why all of a sudden are they making inroads with so many of these great 5 star guys?

So big question, does anyone have a list of the guys we are recruiting and what company their AAU team is sponsored by? I have a guy who works for me who is knees deep in sports journalism at college and he says the true tell if a recruit has a bigger chance to go to your school is if his AAU sponsor matches who puts out your schools' uniforms. I don't know much about all that but it would be interesting to look at this for the recruits this year and see what the last 5-6 classes looked like to....if someone was bored and had the time to put this together I would be interested.

Reaction Score
So big question, does anyone have a list of the guys we are recruiting and what company their AAU team is sponsored by? I have a guy who works for me who is knees deep in sports journalism at college and he says the true tell if a recruit has a bigger chance to go to your school is if his AAU sponsor matches who puts out your schools' uniforms. I don't know much about all that but it would be interesting to look at this for the recruits this year and see what the last 5-6 classes looked like to....if someone was bored and had the time to put this together I would be interested.
Nike: Watts, Cockburn, Dawes, Bouknight, Mitchell

UA: Achiuwa, Quinones, Gaffney, Delaire, Wong, Wahab

Adidas: Akok, Jaylin Williams

Reaction Score
Nike: Watts, Cockburn, Dawes, Bouknight, Mitchell

UA: Achiuwa, Quinones, Gaffney, Delaire, Wong, Wahab

Adidas: Akok, Jaylin Williams

So based on my guys' theory we have a better chance landing Watts, Cockburn, Dawes, Bouknight, and Mitchell....I'd say that is a strong class.

Now we need to compare that with what other schools are recruiting these guys....analytics at its best....lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It was thought to be the case, but it doesn't hold up in reality. I don't think it matters. We've seen kids who say "I'm a Nike guy" go to Adidas schools. I think they just talk up that stuff to get on the radar for later endorsement opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom