Jalen Gaffney may be our most important player going forward | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney may be our most important player going forward

Reaction Score
SOMEBODY has to become the leader of this team. Without leadership, the team will continue to flounder without Bouknight.

Not looking to single out Gaffney, but we need someone at PG who will truly lead the team confidently and aggressively. Cole was 1 for 4 from the free throw line in the first half yesterday. You simply can't have performances like that and expect to win in the Big East, the margin of error is simply too small.

Gaffney has shown flashes of what he can do. It's time for him to do it consistently and become the leader we badly need.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
BLUF: Screwed going forward rest of season.

BLUF (V2): No one on this team has exhibited leadership qualities needed to lift the quality of play of his teammates.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
BLUF: Screwed going forward rest of season.

BLUF (V2): No one on this team has exhibited leadership qualities needed to lift the quality of play of his teammates.
This team is a bunch of role players missing their leader. Sanogo and Gaffney are not quite there yet to make the jump IMO.

Reaction Score
This team is a bunch of role players missing their leader. Sanogo and Gaffney are not quite there yet to make the jump IMO.
My feeling exactly. This team plays without great chemistry or a leader that would pull the sled.

Reaction Score
I would have hoped he would of built off the last game and become more confident but that didnt happen. Can we take some of Cole's confidence and give it to Gaffney?

Reaction Score
This team has no leader and I questioned that even before Bouknight got injured. Hurley needs to motivate and lead this team to some W's because talent will not.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has to play well and be more productive. I really like his ability (tall, can handle, slash and has a shot from deep), he lacks consistency. I liked how Cole played yesterday. They just don't have enough firepower. UConn does have another PG coming in. that should help with competition. BTW. the front court is loaded. Sanogo, Akok, Springs and Samson Johnson? Too bad Brown-Ferguson left. I don't think Whaley will come back unless he wants to.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This team has no leader and I questioned that even before Bouknight got injured. Hurley needs to motivate and lead this team to some W's because talent will not.

True, we never saw Bouk as a leader. He was definitely and alpha and the best player, but there becomes a split between that and being a leader. Not trying to knock Bouk; he just hasn't played enough games with this group to lead them.

Reaction Score
True, we never saw Bouk as a leader. He was definitely and alpha and the best player, but there becomes a split between that and being a leader. Not trying to knock Bouk; he just hasn't played enough games with this group to lead them.
I hear what you're saying, but I disagree somewhat. Bouknight is this team's inspirational leader, both by how he plays with passion, his amazing athleticism, skillset, and IQ, and the fact that he puts the whole team on his back with his ability to score points. This team believes they will win with James in the game, and that right there is a type of leadership.

Everyone plays better with James in the game, because he opens it up for everyone else.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Point guards that average 1.8 assists a game are NOT usually your most important player. He needs to step it up in a number of areas but the most important is the primary duty of a PG, dimes.

Reaction Score
Gaffney has the patience of a serial killer with the ball. Unfortunately for him, there’s a shot clock

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom