Jalen Gaffney & James Bouknight transform backcourt for 2019-2020 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney & James Bouknight transform backcourt for 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Goodness, I am so pumped for this season to start, I think even more so than the season before the Huskies last championship.

I know there will be some ups and downs, some bumps, but overall this team is going to surprise some people I really think. (not the people in the know, ie BY but pundits who generally just seem too clueless or honed in on the UKs, Dukes and UNCs of the world).

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I will take these 3 things and let the chips fall where they may:

1) running actual offensive sets

2) an attacking swarm of defensive effort

3) no dumb illegal screens where you block better than the entire NY giants offensive line

Reaction Score

3) no dumb illegal screens where you block better than the entire NY giants offensive line

+1 When CV chucks up a 35 footer, the coach goes balistic!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would like to see team ball on both sides of the court. I'm sick of selfish hero ball. I'm sick of the perimeter barely looking down low while jacking crap shot after crap shot. I'm sick of the interior guys forcing up a brick whenever they get the ball because they have no faith they'll see it again. Villanova came in here last season and showed what team ball looks like. Here's to the return of team ball.

Reaction Score
Goodness, I am so pumped for this season to start, I think even more so than the season before the Huskies last championship.

I know there will be some ups and downs, some bumps, but overall this team is going to surprise some people I really think. (not the people in the know, ie BY but pundits who generally just seem too clueless or honed in on the UKs, Dukes and UNCs of the world).

I agree. I'm always pretty excited regardless of the circumstances. But, I have to admit, I am a little more gripped by the buzz around the program this year. For the first time in a while, I find myself scouring the schedule looking for opportunities to attend games - and getting my kids indoctrinated into the world of UConn. I feel like there is a really good core group on this team - lots of potential that just needs to be tapped (based on recent lackluster performance, it's been easy to lose sight of the fact that we have a 5*, several 4*s and a bunch of 3*s on the current roster...).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
More psyched for this season than any other I can remember , and I’ve been a fan since I was 10 in 1986-right before they sucked. I think it’s because we tasted success and then had to deal
with 2 years of garbage. Maybe I got a little spoiled. Now it’s like we “started from the bottom”... so it will be great to see these kids grow(just no more CV jacking up dumb threes!). Please !!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm very very excited. The expectations are low, and the chance to exceed them seems to very high. I truly believe that a coaching change alone would make a huge difference, but we've also upgraded the players quite a bit more than I think people realize.

There is something about a great program being back in the spotlight, as I think we will be, that just generates even more excitement than a program that is always good. We are like Rocky Balboa getting up off the canvas when everyone is yelling "stay down". And we know we are about to administer some beat downs on those who think we were knocked out.

Reaction Score
Good point husky hawk. Almost as if the uconn women had a bad year then had to pick themselves up off the canvas to make a comeback bid.

Reaction Score
Didn’t know where to put this and didn’t think it deserved it’s own thread but Richie Springs is on Bouknight’s Snapchat story wearing all UConn gear (shirt and shorts) and Bouknight put the caption “2020 commit ‍♂️.” And also today Gaffney tagged Kofi Akok and Precious in an Instagram story about them coming to UConn. This probably all means very little but at least it shows that Bouknight and Gaffney seem to be recruiting their buddies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
To me, it’s insane that there are people who think this team is going to be middle of the pack in the AAC,no tournament team.

Reaction Score
Simply looking for a team that is prepared to compete ... wins and losses do not matter. This is technically a throwaway year so any marked improvement is gravy. Not worried about the coach one iota.

As a side note, would love to see Adams finish out strong and get the recognition he deserves nationally.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Didn’t know where to put this and didn’t think it deserved it’s own thread but Richie Springs is on Bouknight’s Snapchat story wearing all UConn gear (shirt and shorts) and Bouknight put the caption “2020 commit ‍♂️.” And also today Gaffney tagged Kofi Akok and Precious in an Instagram story about them coming to UConn. This probably all means very little but at least it shows that Bouknight and Gaffney seem to be recruiting their buddies.
snap name?

Reaction Score
Simply looking for a team that is prepared to compete ... wins and losses do not matter. This is technically a throwaway year so any marked improvement is gravy. Not worried about the coach one iota.

As a side note, would love to see Adams finish out strong and get the recognition he deserves nationally.
True that Hurley won't be "judged" on this season with someone else's players, however with JA, a healthy AG, Sid and the rest no reason not be in the mix in AAC this year. You want recruits to be excited about UConn come March so I think Hurley realizes this isn't a "throwaway" year.

Reaction Score
To me, it’s insane that there are people who think this team is going to be middle of the pack in the AAC,no tournament team.

While there are lots of reasons for enthusiasm, the team was terrible the last 2 years so to expect greatness would be a bit of a leap. 20 wins and a great style of play would be a huge step forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

4) no scooters.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
While there are lots of reasons for enthusiasm, the team was terrible the last 2 years so expect to expect greatness would be a bit of a leap. 20 winds and a great style of play would be a huge step forward.
That's pure flatulence. I'm sticking to 25 wins.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Springs was also all over Bouknight's commitment posts with love. Would not be surprised at all if he wants to come here. I for one am all in on building as many NEPSAC pipelines as posssible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom