Jalen Gaffney / dancing kid in One Shining Moment | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney / dancing kid in One Shining Moment

Reaction Score
Was wondering how much love UConn would get in one shining moment and we got two:

1) the dancing cute young UConn fan at the Maryland game.

osm1.jpg

2) Jalen Gaffney clapping and trying to get his teammates to realize they were in the NCAA tournament and PLAY!

osm2.jpg

After all these years it was awesome to see these two moments. Can't wait to see more in the years to come!!

UCONN BABY!!!

Reaction Score
Normally One Shining Moment has me bawling like a baby, but it just didn't do it for me this year. I am guessing it was due the lack of crowds, bands, cheerleaders, and mascots. Hopefully next year's edition will feature all of the above, as well as a bigger dose of UConn clips.

Reaction Score
Normally One Shining Moment has me bawling like a baby, but it just didn't do it for me this year. I am guessing it was due the lack of crowds, bands, cheerleaders, and mascots. Hopefully next year's edition will feature all of the above, as well as a bigger dose of UConn clips.
The only real sad moment was their inclusion of the young man from Grand Canyon University (Oscar Frayer) who tragically died after experiencing his first March Madness tournament. He was in a car accident just 3 days after they played Iowa. I caught that quickly and it definitely moved me.

Reaction Score
They over-produced it with all the commentators overlay imo....the song and action speak for themselves. Probably lack of crowds, bands, cheerleaders was the reason done this way but not the usual feeling for sure.

2011 was pretty good ....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad to see I wasn’t the only one that thought it was not very good. They also seemed to awkwardly cut away at the end.

Reaction Score
Glad to see I wasn’t the only one that thought it was not very good. They also seemed to awkwardly cut away at the end.

It seems to get worse every year, when something is great don’t touch it leave it the hell alone. Luther Vandross version is the best one last one he did was 99.

Reaction Score
They over-produced it with all the commentators overlay imo....the song and action speak for themselves. Probably lack of crowds, bands, cheerleaders was the reason done this way but not the usual feeling for sure.

2011 was pretty good ....

Yes! I forgot to mention the voiceovers. Definitely overdone. There's room for 2 or 3 max, depending on what happened and how good/memorable the calls were.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom