Jalen Gaffney a McD nominee | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney a McD nominee

Reaction Score
If he keeps winning MVPs he could be.

honestly, probably not. No matter how well he plays. Historical ranking is generally pretty important to the ranking guys. Stupid, but true. The guys you see make big jumps are usually last spring/summer. And if they did, it's almost always a high-upside guy like Akok/Wenyen Gabriel that had a big showing at 1-2 events.

Reaction Score
honestly, probably not. No matter how well he plays. Historical ranking is generally pretty important to the ranking guys. Stupid, but true. The guys you see make big jumps are usually last spring/summer. And if they did, it's almost always a high-upside guy like Akok/Wenyen Gabriel that had a big showing at 1-2 events.

Don’t doubt you, I just still think it’s pretty cool, and during most of his recent games he’s consistently been described as the best player on the court going up against really talented teams.

I know the odds are low of him becoming a McD, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter because it has become more and more evident that he is very talented and should help make UConn better.

Reaction Score
unless im reading the graphic wrong i dont see Bouknights name in there amongst the 800+ nominees..
Not sure if it’s the case but if your last year of HS is a postgrad year, you’re not eligible. One example is Jalen Adams.

Reaction Score
unless im reading the graphic wrong i dont see Bouknights name in there amongst the 800+ nominees..
Thanks. Interesting because I thought he was the higher rated recruit. No?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Thanks. Interesting because I thought he was the higher rated recruit. No?
Has only played in 5 games this season, for a variety of reasons Flu, knee soreness, MacDuffies weird long break they took.

Reaction Score
Has only played in 5 games this season, for a variety of reasons Flu, knee soreness, MacDuffies weird long break they took.
Well that makes sense. Obviously i'm not following close enough. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Don’t doubt you, I just still think it’s pretty cool, and during most of his recent games he’s consistently been described as the best player on the court going up against really talented teams.

I know the odds are low of him becoming a McD, but at the end of the day it doesn’t matter because it has become more and more evident that he is very talented and should help make UConn better.

Agreed. I thought before the Brewster game he may be a Brendan Adams+. But he may be a real contributor. He looked great even without his shot falling.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For his sake, I hope he achieves the honor
It is highly unlikely because most of these kids are pre-chosen as early as soph year unless your a Euro implant and a phenom
It doesn't matter because the kid looks real good and looks like a great get for UConn

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
a whole lotta nothing
actually not true some of our best players played in the mcdonalds game like donyell marshall, richard hamilton, khalid el-amin, and kemba walker

I'm a huge fan of Small Font TCF, and would like to see him show up more often.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
a whole lotta nothing
actually not true some of our best players played in the mcdonalds game like donyell marshall, richard hamilton, khalid el-amin, and kemba walker

Don't forget Scott Hazelton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom