Jalen Adams Turnover | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams Turnover

Reaction Score
One minute left and we're up one and Adams turns the ball over because he's the only guy on the entire team that can handle the ball in that situation. I had an immediate flashback to the Cincinnati game last year in which an identical sequence occurred - Adams with the ball up 1 with one minute left and turns it over and we go on to lose the game. Fortunately last night everything worked out but this goes to show you the importance of having multiple ball handlers on the team.

This isn't a thread to knock Adams -it's more a call to get him some help. He's playing close to 40 minutes every game and carries the weight of being the only ball handler the entire game. I don't see Vital ever becoming a PG so I pray that Rique comes back healthy next year and the addition of MAL shoulders some of the load that Adams has bared this entire season. Our best player is getting worn the hell out - maybe this makes him better for the long run but man did I feel for him last night getting knocked around like a pinball and carrying the team on his back.

Reaction Score
The call for help has already been placed, we have another top 30 PG on the shelf this year and a top 40 PG on the way next year. It sucks that the injuries have put this burden on him but I'm not sure what's the point, we know what the reality of the situation this year is.

Reaction Score
It was just remarkable how stark a deja vu moment to last year this was. I clearly understand our position this year - I'm saying I feel for Adams. This wears on you physically and mentally. Help in the form of depth at the ball handling position will be gratefully welcomed

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I want to see how Vital would do in that situation. He's got the huevos.

Reaction Score
One minute left and we're up one and Adams turns the ball over because he's the only guy on the entire team that can handle the ball in that situation. I had an immediate flashback to the Cincinnati game last year in which an identical sequence occurred - Adams with the ball up 1 with one minute left and turns it over and we go on to lose the game. Fortunately last night everything worked out but this goes to show you the importance of having multiple ball handlers on the team.

This isn't a thread to knock Adams -it's more a call to get him some help. He's playing close to 40 minutes every game and carries the weight of being the only ball handler the entire game. I don't see Vital ever becoming a PG so I pray that Rique comes back healthy next year and the addition of MAL shoulders some of the load that Adams has bared this entire season. Our best player is getting worn the hell out - maybe this makes him better for the long run but man did I feel for him last night getting knocked around like a pinball and carrying the team on his back.
You said it yourself, he will be playing with two other point guards next season.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Our all American backup pg is injured, it's an unfortunate situation for everyone, next year we'll have three guys who should be able to run the offense at an acceptable level. For now he's gotta grind it out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for JA, KO and UConn - the backup PG is gone for the season
JA isn't going to be perfect but as my old boss would say - we brought you here to do a job
JA will be fine and he will continue to grow

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
JA's conditioning for next year is going to amazing

Reaction Score

after the play, you could see Adams kick himself, but he got right back on D. He knew he made the mistake, but he wasn't going to let that one mistake become compounded by sulking, complaining to the refs, puckering or whatever.
I thought that was a telling sign of his maturity and evolution as the leader on this team.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That TO was Shabazzesq. His TO was in a bigger spot but we won that game too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom