Jalen Adams Maui Highlight Mix Tape | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams Maui Highlight Mix Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

The offensive clinic put up by Jalen was special. I remember Kemba's magical run in Maui in 2010. In my opinion, based on offensive performance only, Jalen's performance was better than Kemba's. Jalen's shooting was more efficient and he got much less points from the charity line than Kemba.

That was one of the most impressive parts of Jalens performance. His ability to score so much without going to the line very often. Once Jalen learns to use his body to draw contact and get to the line like Kemba and Bazz he will take his game to an even higher level.

His potential is scary level good. That's why I do not consider this year a rebuilding year. Yes we are down with some key injuries but as long as Jalen stays healthy and continues to grow we have a chance come March to make some serious noise.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kemba's was still better and it's not even close.

Have we gotten so far from the time when we actually won games that a meaningless 1-2 performance in a weaker field can yield a better result than what Kemba did in '11? Jeez guys.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Afghusky is a good poster but this thread is a perfect example of why too much cheery-ness and over positivity can be bad, we lose sight of what we are capable of and our own standards as a program.

Reaction Score
Afghusky is a good poster but this thread is a perfect example of why too much cheery-ness and over positivity can be bad, we lose sight of what we are capable of and our own standards as a program.

This post is a perfect example of people on a message board completely overstating their importance to the fate of a college basketball program.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
This post is a perfect example of people on a message board completely overstating their importance to the fate of a college basketball program.
I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, courtside or not.

Reaction Score
His turnovers might might make an interesting video as well

Reaction Score
Kemba's by miles and miles. Not even a discussion.
Not sure about that. Jalen vs Kemba's sr. year OK but Kemba as a sophomore? And where is Jalen's help in the front Court?

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Not sure about that. Jalen vs Kemba's sr. year OK but Kemba as a sophomore? And where is Jalen's help in the front Court?
Kemba was a junior.

The thing about Kemba's Maui was that not only did he go off on his own in incredibly efficient manner, but he dominated the game on both ends and controlled the tempo. Kemba was also creating masterfully for a team that we seem to forget had 5 freshman as well, same as this year (and those freshman were rated lower if that's your thing). A lot of talented players can score 30 when down by 20 points with nothing to lose on 20+ shot attempts. Stats without concrete results in the game are meaningless, and NBA scouts are aware of this for all those saying Adams is a lock to be gone after this year. I wouldn't be so sure about that at this point in the season. He needs to maintain the scoring numbers and bring up his % and lower turnovers before scouts will see lottery player on a terrible team.

Reaction Score
Yes, I meant comparing Jalen as a soph to Kemba as a junior his last year with us when he really became dominant. I agree that Jalen is going to score more for us because he's almost the only option as a player with the ball that can get his shot whenever he wants. Would like to see him create more for Vance and Rodney to get some balance. When we lost Larrier and Gilbert we lost 24 points and 8 rebounds so he has an incredible heavy load on his shoulders. Not many sophomores just a few games in have to carry as much as Jalen is going to have to. He better take his vitamins.

Reaction Score
Kemba was a junior.

The thing about Kemba's Maui was that not only did he go off on his own in incredibly efficient manner, but he dominated the game on both ends and controlled the tempo. Kemba was also creating masterfully for a team that we seem to forget had 5 freshman as well, same as this year (and those freshman were rated lower if that's your thing). A lot of talented players can score 30 when down by 20 points with nothing to lose on 20+ shot attempts. Stats without concrete results in the game are meaningless, and NBA scouts are aware of this for all those saying Adams is a lock to be gone after this year. I wouldn't be so sure about that at this point in the season. He needs to maintain the scoring numbers and bring up his % and lower turnovers before scouts will see lottery player on a terrible team.

This is not accurate my friend. When comparing Kemba's offensive performance in Maui in 2010 verse Jalen's in 2016 this is what the stats show:

Field Goal %: Jalen Adams 64% (this is just ridiculously good for a guard) > Kemba's 54% (which is also really good)

3pt FG%: Jalen 56% > Kemba 42%

Rebounds: Jalen 18 > Kemba 7

Assists: Jalen 22 > Kemba 12

TO: Jalen 14 (9 from one half) < Kemba 6

Jalen only attempted over 20 shot attempts just once (21 in the last game). Again what was really impressive was the fact that Jalen averaged just 1 point less than Kemba on a per game basis while going to the line nearly half as often as Kemba (28 total free throws to 15 total free throws).

Obviously as UConn fans the tournament (and really the whole season thus far) has been a disappointment. But once again I stand by my OP that as special as Kemba was in 2010, going solely off of offensive performance, Jalen's performance was even better. He shot the ball overall more efficiently and from deep more efficiently. He had roughly double the assists and rebounds compared to Kemba. I know the TOs were a concern but we all know that 9 of those TOs were in one half, so he made a remarkable improvement in that category as well.

Also putting aside the stats for a second just watch the tape, Jalen put on a awesome show. He was making incredibly acrobatic layups and hitting tough shots, and turned rebounds into instant offense.

Kemba's performance in Maui was amazing, not taking anything away from him. His team performed much better than Jalen's squad and there is no question about it. Kemba was one of my favorite players of all time (guess what the "15" stands for in my username).

Having watched a lot of bball in my life (and playing some too) I firmly believe Jalen's offensive performance was better (which is amazing) and this is why I am still optimistic for this year. If Jalen stays healthy and the role players play their roles then we will be a dangerous team come March; led by Jalen.

Reaction Score
This is not accurate my friend. When comparing Kemba's offensive performance in Maui in 2010 verse Jalen's in 2016 this is what the stats show:

Field Goal %: Jalen Adams 64% (this is just ridiculously good for a guard) > Kemba's 54% (which is also really good)

3pt FG%: Jalen 56% > Kemba 42%

Rebounds: Jalen 18 > Kemba 7

Assists: Jalen 22 > Kemba 12

TO: Jalen 14 (9 from one half) < Kemba 6

Jalen only attempted over 20 shot attempts just once (21 in the last game). Again what was really impressive was the fact that Jalen averaged just 1 point less than Kemba on a per game basis while going to the line nearly half as often as Kemba (28 total free throws to 15 total free throws).

Obviously as UConn fans the tournament (and really the whole season thus far) has been a disappointment. But once again I stand by my OP that as special as Kemba was in 2010, going solely off of offensive performance, Jalen's performance was even better. He shot the ball overall more efficiently and from deep more efficiently. He had roughly double the assists and rebounds compared to Kemba. I know the TOs were a concern but we all know that 9 of those TOs were in one half, so he made a remarkable improvement in that category as well.

Also putting aside the stats for a second just watch the tape, Jalen put on a awesome show. He was making incredibly acrobatic layups and hitting tough shots, and turned rebounds into instant offense.

Kemba's performance in Maui was amazing, not taking anything away from him. His team performed much better than Jalen's squad and there is no question about it. Kemba was one of my favorite players of all time (guess what the "15" stands for in my username).

Having watched a lot of bball in my life (and playing some too) I firmly believe Jalen's offensive performance was better (which is amazing) and this is why I am still optimistic for this year. If Jalen stays healthy and the role players play their roles then we will be a dangerous team come March; led by Jalen.

I like the optimism, and yes he did look like an elite player out there, but you can't brush under the rug that he played as well as he did down double digits most of the time, and with our other top scorers out with injuries. This alleviates the pressure. I'll start mentioning Jalen in the same breath as Kemba when he starts hitting game winners and carrying a team when it MATTERS.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

The offensive clinic put up by Jalen was special. I remember Kemba's magical run in Maui in 2010. In my opinion, based on offensive performance only, Jalen's performance was better than Kemba's. Jalen's shooting was more efficient and he got much less points from the charity line than Kemba.

That was one of the most impressive parts of Jalens performance. His ability to score so much without going to the line very often. Once Jalen learns to use his body to draw contact and get to the line like Kemba and Bazz he will take his game to an even higher level.

His potential is scary level good. That's why I do not consider this year a rebuilding year. Yes we are down with some key injuries but as long as Jalen stays healthy and continues to grow we have a chance come March to make some serious noise.

I couldn't "like" this because I can't get to "better than kemba" in virtually any way... But I actually agree about not writing off this season.

It's not looking likely, but usually it doesn't. There's tons of season left and still a ton of talent that has yet to be fulfilled.

Why can't our stud sophomore turn on the light and get everyone playing well, and our talented frosh step up, and our seniors chip in without messing things up... Why can't they make noise?

But Kemba's run was special. No comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom