Jalen Adams 5 years ago today | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams 5 years ago today

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I absolutely lost it when this happened. Had just moved into an apartment like a week prior with a "friend of a friend" roommate that I didn't know well who went to UNC. We were watching the game in our apartment and when he hit the shot I threw a 1/2 full cup of booze across the room and started jumping/screaming in excitement. Needless to say we're no longer roommates.

Reaction Score
I can still hear Mick Cronin crying that the shot shouldn't have counted when clear as day it was good.
I still cannot believe that UCLA took him when he is the biggest regular season master who then turns into Providence in March

Reaction Score
I absolutely lost it when this happened. Had just moved into an apartment like a week prior with a "friend of a friend" roommate that I didn't know well who went to UNC. We were watching the game in our apartment and when he hit the shot I threw a 1/2 full cup of booze across the room and started jumping/screaming in excitement. Needless to say we're no longer roommates.
This sounds like something I would do... Although my friends love when I do things like that.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I was watching this game at Ted’s - after Cincinnati goes up 3 with 0.8 seconds left, I furiously turned to leave and headed for the door. As I swing it open, with my back to the bar and all of the TVs, I hear the place erupt in deafening cheers. Stunned, I turned around to realize what had just happened. It was a deeply shameful moment for me, but a special one for that era of Husky basketball.

Reaction Score
I was watching this game at Ted’s - after Cincinnati goes up 3 with 0.8 seconds left, I furiously turned to leave and headed for the door. As I swing it open, with my back to the bar and all of the TVs, I hear the place erupt in deafening cheers. Stunned, I turned around to realize what had just happened. It was a deeply shameful moment for me, but a special one for that era of Husky basketball.
Embarrassed Shame GIF

Reaction Score
My boss was nice enough to let me and my coworker leave work to watch the end of the game, mostly because she knew we were basically more useless than usual refreshing the score. She told us to come back when it was over and, without directly saying it, told us not to drink too much. It was fun texting back updates telling them it was going to OT, then another one, then another one and, of course, another one.

When we got to Tavern on 7 in Norwalk, it was a bunch of older gentlemen watching golf. We had them put the game on in one corner. Slowly but surely the rest of the bar started crowding around us. When Cincinnati hit put up that 3, I knew it was going in cause that team just felt snake bit. I then did my classic routine of “ok time to leave while still actually paying attention and holding out hope” but I still couldn’t believe that shot actually went in. Waiting to see a replay to confirm it was good was excruciating.

Reaction Score
You got what you deserve lol

Reaction Score
you are the most casual and hardcore fan ever seen, disgusting behavior

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
So proud to be an alum of this school with such a rich basketball tradition. It seems like every date in March is the anniversary of some amazing shot or game.

Reaction Score
So proud to be an alum of this school with such a rich basketball tradition. It seems like every date in March is the anniversary of some amazing shot or game.
Moments most programs dream of happen for us every few years, it’s great being a blue blood

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I love the Mike Francesa narration. When he realizes the bulk of Cincinnati's team is celebrating. Barely on the court. Classic.

Lol the number of mistakes he makes in this short clip with full confidence is such classic Francesa. At least he didn’t even pretend to have any idea who any of the players are.

Reaction Score
Lol the number of mistakes he makes in this short clip with full confidence is such classic Francesa. At least he didn’t even pretend to have any idea who any of the players are.
Sure, but the tone of his analysis is good and fun in my opinion. As I said before, I love his reaction when he realizes Cincinnati is celebrating while Jalen is heaving the ball. It's so poetic. Francesa also is correct when he regrets the game is not a NCAA game. It would be better if it were. Or at least a Big East tournament game.

Reaction Score
Great story. On my way to the game ( we live in Florida) we had a blow out on I75, had to call AAA, delayed 2 hours, got to the arena at half time and we were losing by about 12 ( if I remember correctly ) and I said to my son "we have annual passes at Sea World, would you rather just go there instead?"And after a brief conversation we decided to go to the game ( cause we could always go to sea world some other time). We got into they the 15 minute mark of the second half and you know the rest of the story. I had just had double shoulder surgery 1 day earlier (torn rotator cuff and partially threaded bicep ) and was still under the effects of a nerve block injection which wore off at the game.We then proceeded to stay for the second round and the final after buying tickets from scalpers, sleeping in a rest area Friday and Saturday (we have a mobil home). I had been given 12hr oxycontin for the pain which I was unable to take during the day since my son wasn't old enough to drive.( I took the pain med after returning to the rest area ). The pain was soo bad I had another family member get a ride to Orlando (250 miles) to drive us home. One of the best memories of my entire life ( except for the pain of course) besides taking a 32hr bus trip to the Tropacana dome in Tampa for the 1999 UConn/Duke championship game and the birth of my first child.

Reaction Score
This is a pretty talented team out there, Daniel Hamilton, Jalen Adams, Rodney Purvis, Shonn Miller, and Amidah Brimah. So frustrating.
If you believe in mojo then I think it's a requirement that you believe teams like our 2012 and 2016 teams help our mojo.... or karma... or something along those lines.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom