Jalen Adams: 2,000 points? | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams: 2,000 points?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Okay, hear me out:

Jalen currently sits at 1,267 career points at UConn, which ties him with Denham Brown for 31st all time. He would have to score 733 points this season, which would be a TON. But consider that Jalen's teams have basically played the bare minimum number of games over the last two seasons, with early exits in the AAC tourney and no postseason.

Let's say hypothetically that UConn's 2019 season looks like 2016, where they played 5 additional games after the regular season ended, so a total of about 36 games. Jalen would have to average 20.36 ppg to reach 2,000 points, leaving him 3rd all time. I think this is totally do-able.

We've had two players ever reach 2,000 points. If he had remained perfectly healthy and UConn had been a better team over the past couple years, I think Jalen would easily be the all-time leading scorer in UConn history. But I think he can still land in the top 3. Would that get him into the Huskies of Honor?

Reaction Score
Interesting topic, but I guess I'll state the obvious...

you're argument that his bad teams led to him playing the bare minimum games also probably contributed to him having to take more shots than most husky of honors. And if we are hoping for a good year, NCAAT type of year, you will most likely see a more even distribution of points across the team...or at least that's what I would be hoping for. If we rely on Jalen to be the majority of scoring as the last couple years, we may be in trouble. All that aside, certainly one of the more talented scorers. His performance in the OT cincy game really showcased his ability to get to the rim at will. Wish the last couple years had been better to him.

Reaction Score
These are great stats, but he currently is tied for last in Sweet 16, Elite 8, and Final Four appearances.

Reaction Score
To think that Jalen could end up top 5 in assists is mind blowing. Not bad for a player who's not a point guard.;)

The issue is that most of the players who were good enough to rack up elite numbers left before 4 years.

Marcus Williams was probably the best passer in program history, but only played parts of 3 years before leaving early.

Reaction Score
Once done, Jalen Adams will certainly cement his name in the record books for UConn. But his stats will not reflect name recognition. A championship will overwhelm his legacy as a UConn “great.” To me, greatness isn’t measured just by statistics but by leadership, toughness, and grit.

In many ways it’s a historic season. Hurley’s first year and Jalens last. I think Hurley will be able to push Jalen and expose some things that have been missing. Things we haven’t seen yet. He is in our leader of 18-19 season. I trust them both and look forward to his game

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Once done, Jalen Adams will certainly cement his name in the record books for UConn. But his stats will not reflect name recognition. A championship will overwhelm his legacy as a UConn “great.” To me, greatness isn’t measured just by statistics but by leadership, toughness, and grit.

In many ways it’s a historic season. Hurley’s first year and Jalens last. I think Hurley will be able to push Jalen and expose some things that have been missing. Things we haven’t seen yet. He is in our leader of 18-19 season. I trust them both and look forward to his game
Yeah. So many people forget Price and Williams

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The issue is that most of the players who were good enough to rack up elite numbers left before 4 years.

Marcus Williams was probably the best passer in program history, but only played parts of 3 years before leaving early.

Wet blanket alert!

Of players in the top 10, only 4 did not have a senior year (Williams, Sheffer, El-Amin, Price). Is that most?

What’s amazing though is Marcus did it in 70 games, or almost 30 less than anyone else in the top 10.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Of players in the top 10, only 4 did not have a senior year (Williams, Sheffer, El-Amin, Price). Is that most?

What’s amazing though is Marcus did it in 70 games, or almost 30 less than anyone else in the top 10.

Probably is the best passer, but look who was on his teams those years.

Reaction Score
Okay, hear me out:

Jalen currently sits at 1,267 career points at UConn, which ties him with Denham Brown for 31st all time. He would have to score 733 points this season, which would be a TON. But consider that Jalen's teams have basically played the bare minimum number of games over the last two seasons, with early exits in the AAC tourney and no postseason.

Let's say hypothetically that UConn's 2019 season looks like 2016, where they played 5 additional games after the regular season ended, so a total of about 36 games. Jalen would have to average 20.36 ppg to reach 2,000 points, leaving him 3rd all time. I think this is totally do-able.

We've had two players ever reach 2,000 points. If he had remained perfectly healthy and UConn had been a better team over the past couple years, I think Jalen would easily be the all-time leading scorer in UConn history. But I think he can still land in the top 3. Would that get him into the Huskies of Honor?
Id rather have him earn husky of honor by doing special things in March. I really dont give a deuce about him scoring 2,000 points if it gets us nowhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom