Jags Tender Todman - Likely to Start | The Boneyard

Jags Tender Todman - Likely to Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Jaguars tendered an offer to exclusive rights free agent RB Jordan Todman.

Todman will earn $645,000 in 2014. With Maurice Jones-Drew headed for free agency and unlikely to be re-signed, Todman currently sits atop the depth chart in Jacksonville. He showed plus burst around the edge on 76 carries last season but averaged just 3.4 YPC. Todman also turned 14 catches into 116 yards and a score.

www.rotoworld.com

Reaction Score
Thrilled he is getting a chance to exhibit his skills; i just don't see him as a 1 and would expect them to build depth at the position thru feree agency and draft.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm as big a Todman fan as anyone but he hasn't proven himself as a 1st stringer. He should hopefully settle into a role similar to DB where he can pick up ~40% of the carries and get a handful of receptions. It's better for a RB's career anyway.

Reaction Score
And with the jags committing $4.5 million to Toby Gerhart, he's back to number two. Should still receive a good number of snaps though

Reaction Score
Let's see....#2 RB on an NFL team or posting on the Boneyard....I'm gonna going with the former. :cool:

Reaction Score
Todman will have some help with the signing of Zane Beadles

Reaction Score
The Jags cut Forsett and the starter, Jones-Drew, is a free agent. God spot for Jordan.

Reaction Score
And with the jags committing $4.5 million to Toby Gerhart, he's back to number two. Should still receive a good number of snaps though

Gerhart is a big, between the tackles bruiser. Todman is a quick footed, edge scant back. Typical 1-2 RB combo in the NFL nowadays, should work out good for Todman especially as he is also good catching the ball out of the backfield.

Reaction Score
Gerhart is a big, between the tackles bruiser. Todman is a quick footed, edge scant back. Typical 1-2 RB combo in the NFL nowadays, should work out good for Todman especially as he is also good catching the ball out of the backfield.

It's a head-scratching signing. Gerhart is perfectly acceptable as a backup, but that's significantly more money than I figured he'd get on the open market. I think he could end up turning into a a flop for them so Todman may surpass him eventually.

Reaction Score
It's a head-scratching signing. Gerhart is perfectly acceptable as a backup, but that's significantly more money than I figured he'd get on the open market. I think he could end up turning into a a flop for them so Todman may surpass him eventually.

There's no reason the backup to the best RB in football isn't a legitimate starter somewhere else.

Reaction Score
There's no reason the backup to the best RB in football isn't a legitimate starter somewhere else.
How does Adrian Peterson's talent have any effect on Toby Gerhart's talent? If I had said that he's obviously not talented enough to be a starter because he was a backup, then you'd have a point. By my opinion is not at all based on him not being a starter previously. It's based on him just not being that good.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
JT!!!!! Have line will travel, good luck kid were rooting for ya!

Reaction Score
How does Adrian Peterson's talent have any effect on Toby Gerhart's talent? If I had said that he's obviously not talented enough to be a starter because he was a backup, then you'd have a point. By my opinion is not at all based on him not being a starter previously. It's based on him just not being that good.

No, I get your point. It's just that I totally disagree that he doesn't deserve it. He is pretty clearly the best up-and-coming option at RB (along with Ben Tate). That guy always gets paid big money in free Agency. Michael Turner comes to mind.

Reaction Score
No, I get your point. It's just that I totally disagree that he doesn't deserve it. He is pretty clearly the best up-and-coming option at RB (along with Ben Tate). That guy always gets paid big money in free Agency. Michael Turner comes to mind.
Certainly a reasonable POV, I just disagree on talent level. I just feel that he's going to get exposed as a purely straight forward runner and playing on the Jags isn't going to help. Ben Tate would easily have been the top back on the market if he wasn't so injury prone. If healthy, he's one of the more talented pure runners in the league.... but that's a HUGE if.

Reaction Score
Certainly a reasonable POV, I just disagree on talent level. I just feel that he's going to get exposed as a purely straight forward runner and playing on the Jags isn't going to help. Ben Tate would easily have been the top back on the market if he wasn't so injury prone. If healthy, he's one of the more talented pure runners in the league.... but that's a HUGE if.

I guess we just differ on the talent level, but we totally agree on the above highlighted point. Although I think Gus Bradley was a great hire and has them in a better direction than they've been in years.

Reaction Score
I really like the Gerhart signing for the Jaguars. Looks like they have addressed the interior of their O. Line as well. Gerhart is an underrated player, who can pass block, catch passes, and while not Darren Sproles like in the open field, can move the chains.

In today's nfl, you need two backs. Todman still will get his carries if he remains at # 2.

Reaction Score
I really like the Gerhart signing for the Jaguars. Looks like they have addressed the interior of their O. Line as well. Gerhart is an underrated player, who can pass block, catch passes, and while not Darren Sproles like in the open field, can move the chains.

In today's nfl, you need two backs. Todman still will get his carries if he remains at # 2.
He's definitely a nice, if unconvential, third down back. Fantastic in pass protection, which should come in handy with this team.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Todman just needs to grow into his NFL body and let the speed of the game slow down for him. Taking a few years to ease into the role worked well for Donald Brown and I see the same thing happening with Todman. No one expected him to explode like he did as a junior, and I believe the same can happen again, with the right situation and a good O-Line.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I shook my head at the Gerhart signing too as I thought Todman would finally get his chance. I just hope the Jags dont do something stupid and put Denard Robinson as the number 2. I've read that it'll be between Todman and Robinson for the #2 job. I think Todman will win that battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom