Jacobs column on Edsall with player quotes | The Boneyard

Jacobs column on Edsall with player quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do we know what rangoon is all about? I noticed it is on his Wikipedia page.
The Maryland fans have kind of merged Randy and Goon to form a nickname for him. And they are actively hacking his Wikipedia page.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this is one of my favorites to follow @FireEdsall
location-Hell

keep trucking rangoon!
6w5x9p

Reaction Score
Rangoon also refers to a tasty, wonton-like chinese pastry, often filled with crab (kinda describes edsall's deflect the blame and brash personality) and a light cream (just like the cream of the crop recruiting he does) and cheese sauce (he kinda spoils if he is exposed to criticism about his abilities or qualifications). Fitting name, don't you think? Sorry, it's the chef in me, can't help but find these conmections. Did I mention a Rangoon is often fried for 1 to 2 mins....sounds awfully close to fired (1 to 2 years)?

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Rangoon also refers to a tasty, wonton-like chinese pastry, often filled with crab (kinda describes edsall's deflect the blame and brash personality) and a light cream (just like the cream of the crop recruiting he does) and cheese sauce (he kinda spoils if he is exposed to criticism about his abilities or qualifications). Fitting name, don't you think? Sorry, it's the chef in me, can't help but find these conmections. Did I mention a Rangoon is often fried for 1 to 2 mins....sounds awfully close to fired (1 to 2 years)?

Cripes I'm 4000 miles from the nearest Crab Rangoon and now I want one- thanks alot PolisHusky.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
"Somewhere along the way in the final three or four years at UConn, Edsall began to believe that the program was all about him. Here's the rub: He got others to believe it, too."

Reaction Score
"Somewhere along the way in the final three or four years at UConn, Edsall began to believe that the program was all about him. Here's the rub: He got others to believe it, too."
Haha! I wonder if any of those others happen to be regulars on this board? In defense of Edsall, the Patriots have had the success they've had doing things the "Edsall Way!" or something like that.

Reaction Score
Priceless.....has there been a better description of the man than Jacobs' "anal-retentive control freak" comment?

Is there anyone left on earth who really believes Randy Edsall is a top flight head coach that should have ever been even in the discussion for jobs like Notre Dame or Penn State?

Reaction Score
Priceless.....has there been a better description of the man than Jacobs' "anal-retentive control freak" comment?

Is there anyone left on earth who really believes Randy Edsall is a top flight head coach that should have ever been even in the discussion for jobs like Notre Dame or Penn State?

Answer: Yes, that person would be...... Randy Edsall.

Reaction Score
Not an apologista or whatever that is but 2 conference titles and a BCS appearance in just over a decade with a brand new program sounds good to me. Ask our little sisters in New Jersey if they would take those results right now.

I thought he was too conservative and while great at finding hidden talent, not so great at recognizing talent on his roster. But you can't deny what he accomplished here.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You guys do realize that almost all coaches are anal-retentive control freaks right? One of whom isn't... well his claim is that he didn't realize his decades long assistant was abusing underage boys.

The quotes are great and all, but someone should tell those guys that they are 5-6 and might miss a bowl for the first time in a while.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The quotes are great and all, but someone should tell those guys that they are 5-6 and might miss a bowl for the first time in a while.

The 2 things are related? Children should be seen and not heard, eh whale?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
You guys do realize that almost all coaches are anal-retentive control freaks right? One of whom isn't... well his claim is that he didn't realize his decades long assistant was abusing underage boys.

2-10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
A Baltimore Sun blog about Randy...

"So what can Edsall do to change his image that has now been cast as a rigid, self-righteous control freak who only begrudgingly took responsibility for the way things imploded this season?"

Among other things, it dicusses what he needs to do to rebuild a program he tore apart in one season; how to handle his relationship with the players and media; puuting names back on the players jerseys; the need to change how he does things; and the need to apologize to Ralph.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/2011/11/for_maryland_to_be_successful.html

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
You guys do realize that almost all coaches are anal-retentive control freaks right?

The difference is, most of them can admit it. Some of them even realize it and change. The guy Randy always got compared to did that, Tom Coughlin.

The reason Tom Coughlin won a Super Bowl as a coach wasn't because he was a drill sergeant. It was because he STOPPED being a drill sergeant and started treating his players with respect. Randy has never done that, and probably never will. That's what he doesn't get.

BTW, implying that having a non-militaristic coach ends you up at Sandusky is disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom