Jacobs: Cochran gets it done | The Boneyard

Jacobs: Cochran gets it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I found one part of the article very interesting: when he said that Shane Day was calling the plays.

It makes sense that some things needed to be delegated because we are down 2 coaches. It's interesting to hear that he delegated the play calls to Day in the box. I did see one moment where Cochran was next to Weist on tv, and they were both staring up at the box as if they were waiting for something. Now I understand what they were waiting for. It's not bad, it's just interesting...

Reaction Score
It just shows that Weist is a good delegator. I also like the way Shane calls the plays.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
It just shows that Weist is a good delegator. I also like the way Shane calls the plays.

No doubt about it. Heavy amounts of the short-passing game, including a large dose of bubble screens to Foxx. Very effective. I thought the playcalling was really solid today...

Reaction Score
No doubt about it. Heavy amounts of the short-passing game, including a large dose of bubble screens to Foxx. Very effective. I thought the playcalling was really solid today...

Speaking of bubble screens, one of the overlooked plays by Cochran came on the last screen where the RU defender jumped the route. Cochran spotted it, and threw it over everyone out of bounds. If he tries to complete that pass, it's six points the other way, and we lose.

Reaction Score
I found one part of the article very interesting: when he said that Shane Day was calling the plays.

It makes sense that some things needed to be delegated because we are down 2 coaches. It's interesting to hear that he delegated the play calls to Day in the box. I did see one moment where Cochran was next to Weist on tv, and they were both staring up at the box as if they were waiting for something. Now I understand what they were waiting for. It's not bad, it's just interesting...

I had posted this in another thread that has since been buried down the page...

>>http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Haven't read this type of statement often this year:

>>--There are two basic pass plays that Rutgers simply can't stop: deep routes across the middle and bubble screens. The Huskies were clearly aware of this weakness, as they converted a number of third downs by employing simple deep in-routes. UConn also exploited Rutgers' struggles on the perimeter with bubble screens. Receiver Deshon Foxx broke a 39-yard gain on a bubble screen late in the third quarter that set up the TD that put UConn ahead 21-17.<<

Nice game planning/play calling!<<

Reaction Score
Speaking of bubble screens, one of the overlooked plays by Cochran came on the last screen where the RU defender jumped the route. Cochran spotted it, and threw it over everyone out of bounds. If he tries to complete that pass, it's six points the other way, and we lose.
This. Best incompletion of the day. Casey had a great day all around including this throw away

Reaction Score
I agree he has been making some good calls mixing runs and passes as well as the uses of bubble screens. Bubble screens well excecuted can be bread n butter at the college level. Ucf was burying us with them. Also on offense. Has anyone noticed casey unloading the ball under pressure. Havent seen a uconn wb be able to do that ina while. Also casey gave day a lot of credit for his coaching so i take it the guy knows his stuff. Definitely see us going in a good direction and hope to see our first three game win streak

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Good examples today of adapting your offense to the skill set of your players. Casey doesn't have to sling it down field 50 yards. Short 10 yard plus passes and screens work.

Reaction Score

I saw that and realized the same thing. Funny to hear the drunk near by call it a terrible play and blah, blah, blah.

Reaction Score

Situational awareness among CC's top strengths. That plus footwork plus getting rid of ball before sacks. Sure there's a good story why these skills weren't apparent in practice to the people who made the decisions.

Reaction Score
Maybe redshirt Boyle next year and play Casey? The kid has it going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom