Jacob Wallace to Colorado Rockies w/ pick #100 (3rd Round) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jacob Wallace to Colorado Rockies w/ pick #100 (3rd Round)

Reaction Score
It's highly unlikely that any junior that gets taken in the MLB draft will end up coming back for their junior year. In my early years of following UConn baseball, I used to get my hopes that some would come back, but I got tired of getting disappointed by the inevitable signing that in the case of Max McDowell came just minutes before the deadline to sign. Now I take a different view, that UConn is doing something right when these juniors go to the pros, it is simply a badge of honor for the UConn baseball program. As for the players themselves, they worked hard and deserve to reap the reward that is bestowed on them. On the off chance that they do return for their senior year, I just take it as a very unexpected but welcome surprise.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm not an expert, but any chance he comes back for his senior year? Wasn't sure if baseball was like hockey.

As a junior, he's got a decent chance at getting full slot money. As a senior - and limited to a reliever role -, he'd basically have to sign for whatever was offered, which would be considerably under slot. And by "considerably", I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I wish he was around for the Pirates 4th round. They could use him in the pen right now. While the Yankees injury situation got all the press, the Pirates situation has been much more devastating, especially in the rotation and bullpen.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
As a junior, he's got a decent chance at getting full slot money. As a senior - and limited to a reliever role -, he'd basically have to sign for whatever was offered, which would be considerably under slot.
Spot on. He loses all slot leverage if he comes back for a senior year.
Best of luck Wally!

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As a junior, he's got a decent chance at getting full slot money. As a senior - and limited to a reliever role -, he'd basically have to sign for whatever was offered, which would be considerably under slot. And by "considerably", I mean hundreds of thousands of dollars.

I wish he was around for the Pirates 4th round. They could use him in the pen right now. While the Yankees injury situation got all the press, the Pirates situation has been much more devastating, especially in the rotation and bullpen.

Guys who are rushed like that rarely work our.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom