Jack Reacher 2 | The Boneyard

Jack Reacher 2

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The film sort of reminded me when Sean Connery stopped being James Bond and handed off the role to Roger Moore. A decided drop off in the series. Only Cruise never handed over the role. His lack of size hurt this production as his alleged step daughter and his lead lady were nearly as tall or taller.
The Reacher character should be played by Clint Walker. Toss in a few unnecessary PC debates and this picture was not nearly as good as the first. I hate to see the Reacher character go to waste.

Reaction Score
The film sort of reminded me when Sean Connery stopped being James Bond and handed off the role to Roger Moore. A decided drop off in the series. Only Cruise never handed over the role. His lack of size hurt this production as his alleged step daughter and his lead lady were nearly as tall or taller.
The Reacher character should be played by Clint Walker. Toss in a few unnecessary PC debates and this picture was not nearly as good as the first. I hate to see the Reacher character go to waste.

That doesn't sound good. The preview was great. Loved the first movie.

Reaction Score
Really liked the first one. But I like anything with Rosamund Pike. Was Tom Cruise in the first one?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
So after hearing many people passionately complain about Cruz as Reacher, I started reading the series. I'm up to book 3 now. I have to admit they are pretty good, although I can't really say why. The prose is pretty simple and direct. Reacher is somewhat of antihero. He's a drifter, who doesn't do laundry and instead throws out clothes and buys more from thrift stores. He will step in to help people and has a strong, though random, moral code. He takes every advantage available to him. In the first book alone he murders just about a half dozen people, bad people certainly, but murder nonetheless. That said, I've bought in and will read at least the first 4 books.

Reacher's physical presence is a reoccurring theme in the books. In book 3 "Tripwire" he's 6'5' and a lean 250 lbs. That's Fishy territory. Cruz isn't a great match for the role, though the first movie was okay.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Really liked the first one. But I like anything with Rosamund Pike. Was Tom Cruise in the first one?
When I like one of your posts, Pal, I get an ice pick pain in my ear canal.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
That doesn't sound good. The preview was great. Loved the first movie.
It wasn't a total washout. It just wasn't anything special, sort of like this last Jason Bourne movie starring Matt Damon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom