J’Raan Brooks | The Boneyard

J’Raan Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We all thought 2018 was done...not so fast. Sounds like he is a 1:1 comp for Larrier; top 100 player in the class and from Washington state like Emmitt Matthews Jr. Power Forward at 6'8"

If I'm a betting man, this has Chillious written all over it.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We all thought 2018 was done...not so fast. Sounds like he is a 1:1 comp for Larrier; top 100 player in the class and from Washington state like Emmitt Matthews Jr. Power Forward at 6'8"

So with him we’ll be +2 over? Or be at 0 if Adams and larrier leave?

Reaction Score
would be a nice get. read a bit about him and sounds like a real prospect :

4* Player : Brooks is a nice looking 5/4 who has long arms, broad shoulders, and is very skilled for his age. He is an effective scorer on the block utilizing the turn-around jump shot and his touch is excellent. In addition, he can step out and hit from range.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Would create a problem at the four, but you don't turn him away if he wants to come.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Would create a problem at the four, but you don't turn him away if he wants to come.
Brooks, Whaley, wilson, and polley seem they can play the 4and the 3 & 5 if need be. When we had daniels and Giffey there were many times we had either one of them at the 5 and the other at the 4

Reaction Score
You dont turn down a top 100 recruit of he wants to come to here.

Scholarship situations have a way of working out. Jalen and Terry are 98% gone after this season, so we have one open.

Like his game. Little undersized, but seems to have a good mid range jumper. Built like facey, more skills but not as bouncy??? Just kinda guessing here.

Reaction Score
Anyone else find the dream vision team videos obnoxiously overproduced?

I remember vances video being so slow you practically couldnt tell if he running. Well... he probably wasnt ;)

Reaction Score
USC decommit. After their assistant coach was all in Vance’s ear to transfer, I’m sure there’s no love lost in Ollie’s eyes.

Reaction Score
And I guess this all stems back to what we were all thinking when the FBI went public with its investigation. Ollie and co. were done for 2018 unless someone like this backed off a commitment.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
There are great post moves in that mixtape, the kind I haven’t seen much at the HS level. Uses both hands, drop steps both directions, step back and turn-around jumpers. Very nice post game.

C

Chief00

Yesterday was an incredibly busy and fun day in Storrs. And posters wondered why I could not make the FB game. Blazing hot activity yesterday on all burners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
First post, but longtime lurker here.

I had a thought regarding our scholarship logjam, as its assumed JA/Larrier will go pro, but what about Williams? Given his age, my thinking is that he could be a candidate to jump at an overseas contract if his dunks/play generate some buzz. Just a shot in the dark obviously, but it makes some sense if both sides are looking at this as a short-term marriage.

In any event, I've got no issue with staying in on top guys. The misery and hard lessons of 16-17 at least gave us the recruiting shakeup that was needed

Reaction Score

A bitter thicker by far at this age but not a bad comp. of course we are pitting Washington vs NYC hoops.

Reaction Score

I had a thought regarding our scholarship logjam, as its assumed JA/Larrier will go pro, but what about Williams? Given his age, my thinking is that he could be a candidate to jump at an overseas contract if his dunks/play generate some buzz. Just a shot in the dark obviously, but it makes some sense if both sides are looking at this as a short-term marriage.

In any event, I've got no issue with staying in on top guys. The misery and hard lessons of 16-17 at least gave us the recruiting shakeup that was needed

Thanks

Thanks for posting!

Personally, I would say it's unlikely. Williams may be athletic and older, but he's very very raw.

Reaction Score
Honestly I’d think Stanford is the team to beat. It was widely (in the Seattle area) believed he was a lean to Stanford before committing to USC. Stanford has his high school teammate DeJon Davis already there, and Brooks is also a great student who would likely be admitted. I hope Uconn can establish that pipeline to Seattle. I’d love to be able to see future huskies in my backyard.

I’ve watched Garfield numerous times over the last 2 years he’s been there, and I’ll say I’ve never been impressed with him. Physically he has the tools, but he seemed to disappear far too often. In games against Michael and Jontay porter last year he was clearly outmatched. He tended to rely on his size too much and when faced with guys his size and equally or more athletic he didn’t rise to the occasion. Not saying he wouldn’t be a good get, I just think he’ll take a few years of seasoning before he’d really contribute. I’d think he’d be similar to Enoch in that sense. (Not skill wise) but then again, I’m just a guy who watches on his free time, no expert here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom