Ivy League Deciding on 2020 Season Wednesday 7/8; Potential Domino Effect On FBS | The Boneyard

Ivy League Deciding on 2020 Season Wednesday 7/8; Potential Domino Effect On FBS

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Multiple football coaches in the Ivy League told The Athletic over the weekend that they expect Wednesday’s announcement to be that the league is moving all fall sports, including football, to spring 2021.

Could the Ivy League’s decision regarding football be a harbinger of what’s to come at other levels once again? It’s possible. As one Power 5 administrator put it, a lot of university presidents — particularly those at top academic institutions in the Power 5 — consider Ivy League schools their peers. And they respect the level of research and expertise coming out of those campuses, as society at large waits for a COVID-19 vaccine.

“My suspicion is that the majority of presidents in the FBS are uncomfortable with the notion of playing football this fall but for various reasons don’t want to be the first to step out and say that,” the Power 5 administrator told The Athletic. “So, more than anything else, that decision provides the cover they need. I expect it’ll be a big domino.”

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
I think the Ivy League made the right decision - the safest one at least. This should give the other schools/conferences the push to do the same...regardless of financial losses. Everyone is getting hurt right now financially - the P5 football programs shouldn’t be the exception.

Reaction Score
I wished things looked better, and the situation remains highly fluid, but I have a bad feeling in my gut, things aren't going to happen on any fields this fall.

Reaction Score
I think the Ivy League made the right decision - the safest one at least. This should give the other schools/conferences the push to do the same...regardless of financial losses. Everyone is getting hurt right now financially - the P5 football programs shouldn’t be the exception.
The Ivy League is just one league, and a small one at that. They'll make the decision that's right for them. They won't put thousands upon thousands of people out of work like all of P5 would if the season is cancelled or postponed 8 months. The argument you're making has less weight than if the AAC did the same thing.

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom